Landline number blocking?!
WEEZYx814

Hello all. I have the best package you can get through verizon regarding basic landline phone. I was wondering is there a way I can set my phone to not allow blocked calls, or 1-800 numbers?! Much is appreciated, thanks!

0 Likes
Re: Landline number blocking?!
WEEZYx814

So I am assuming I can't since I don't have FiOS? Verizon is **bleep**, they hyped me up saying I was getting all this...N now I don't I can because I have basic landline.

0 Likes
lasagna
Community Leader
Community Leader

A reminder that the folks here are just other users who enjoy (?) helping other and not affiliated with Verizon.   Some times it takes people a while to get around to getting back to posts.  Be patient.

I think in this case, you haven't necessarily provided enough info for others to say for sure what you can / can't do  with your particular service.  But, I'll take a whack ...

I believe you are looking for the feature called Anonymous Call Rejection.  If availabile, it's typically activated by dialing "*77" on your phone and deactivated by dialing "*87".

I am not aware of any service which blocks 800-numbers in general -- if they provide caller-ID, they will get past the ACR block above.  You can, of course, register your number with the federal "do not call" list in which case companies which do not have a relationship with you, may not call you (and can be fined for doing so).

You can block specific numbers from calling (i.e. specific 800-numbers potentially) by using the "Call Block" feature which is activated by dialing "*60" if your plan supports it.

Hope that helps.

0 Likes
Doug_VZ1
Contributor - Level 2

Your specific request has to be handled outside these forums with a Verizon representative that can actually review your account.

Please try to send an email or chat from our Verizon.com Contact Us Page http://www22.verizon.com/content/ContactUs/  You can choose the email or Live Chat option.

0 Likes