My kitchen phone rings, I can receive calls, I cannot make any (on that phone)
melodyl

This makes no sense at all. It only affects the phone in my kichen. All phones in the house work. The computer modem works. I unplugged all jacks, waited 5 minutes (to see if it would reset anything).  I then plugged all phones back in.  Then the kitchen phone went completely dead. No dial tone, no nothing.

I then tried switching phones, (to see if it was the phone). This phone worked on all other phone lines in the house. I tried changing the connection cords. It's not those either. So it's not the phone, it's not the connection.  I got a dead line.

Or so I thought. I had a hunch it might be related to the wall filter.  I tried to remove the filter. How on earth do you get this thing off?

IK can't do it.

All of a sudden a few minutes ago, I went over to the phone, picked up the handset and what do you know?  I GOT A DIAL TONE.

Still can't call out.  I tried.  When I depress the kieys, I still get a dial tone.  I then took my cell phone, told my husband to phone me in the kitchen.  The kitchen phone rang, I picked it up, I TALKED TO MY HUSBAND.

So essentially I have a kitchen phone that I can receive calls on, but not making any calls on.

And this phone was dead one hour ago.

Any comments are welcome.

I am thorougly confused.  I tried calling up Verizon, but they want $91 to come to my house plus additional charges.

I am on Social Security, give me a break.

Thank you if anyone can help me.

Mel

0 Likes
Re: My kitchen phone rings, I can receive calls, I cannot make any (on that phone)
VZ_Brett
Contributor - Level 2

Hi Melodyl... Your saying all other phones in the house are able to dial in & out with no problem except for the kitchen?

If so it sounds to me like its either the wiring to that one jack in the kitchen or the kitchen phone itself might be defective or on its way out. Let us know. Thanks Brett                      

0 Likes
Re: My kitchen phone rings, I can receive calls, I cannot make any (on that phone)
ohpoleez
Contributor - Level 2

Hi, with inside wiring, it doesn't have to be Verizon that fixes it. There are many privately owned companies out there that do phone and wiring repair in homes and businesses. You may wish to investigate that possibility.

0 Likes