My Land line is calling 911
LWMIMI

After numerous times of Verizon ‘fixing’ my landline because of static, followed by loosing dial tone every time it rained, I thought the last service call the problem was solved.  We have had a few rain storms and my land line continued to work.  HOWEVER, last night was a thunderstorm and heavy rain, and now my landline is calling 911 and disconnecting.  I received a phone call at 3:00 AM from Montgomery County Police asking me if I was ok?  They said my home phone called 911 and it was disconnected.  I was asleep when they called and did not make the call.  There was also a lot of static on the line again!  This was followed by another call from the security gate officer where I live because 911 alerted them that a 911 call came from my home.  Obviously this is inconveniencing a few, Montgomery County Police, Leisure World Security Police and myself.  Can Verizon please fix this issue now?

0 Likes
Re: My Land line is calling 911
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

Perchance does your house have some sort of security system installed that is connected to the Verizon telephone line?

Re: My Land line is calling 911
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi LWMIMI,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Messenger Inbox for a message from a Verizon Support agent. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page and then clicking the envelope icon that appears at the top of the menu. Response times may vary. Please continue to check your Inbox for a reply from a Verizon agent. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes