National Directory Assistance...
yuyu1

This is the second month in a row that this "National Directory Assistance" charge has appeared on my bill. I seriously don't understand what is going on here. Last month, after having to explain that these calls never went out, I disconnected the landline to avoid having to deal with this issue until we move out, which is in a couple of weeks. Yet here we are again with the same ridiculous issue. It would seem that this occurs a lot of Verizon customers. To anyone who lived through and fixed this problem, HELP. PLEASE.

0 Likes
Re: National Directory Assistance...
kenhu2111

I called Verizon and told me to block it online.   I get these calls regularly and explain time and time again we don't make the calls. The only item I see is call gate at $5 a month.   I am now contacting the Public Utilities Commission and Federal Communications. commission.   Will advise what transpires.

0 Likes
psychlone1

I got billed for 19 National Directory Assistance calls this month, a total of $52.25.  Did not make any of these calls.  Customer Service agreed to reimburse me for half of them.  Supervisor would not budge on the other half, and could not provide detail of the dates and times.  Appears my only option for the other half (and any future mischarges) is filing a dispute.  Though I do like the idea of contacting the FCC and Better Business Bureau.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi psychlone,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Earthartist

I just got hit with this bogus charge in my current billing cycle and I know for a fact by reviewing my outgoing call history that that service was never used and or dialed out from my phone.

0 Likes
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus

In order to keep discussion on the community current, this topic has been locked to prevent new replies. If you have a similar question or issue that you wish to discuss, then please feel free to post a new message on the most relevant board. Thanks!

0 Likes