Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu

New voicemail message

SOLVED
JTN
Contributor
Contributor

New voicemail message

Message 1 of 2
(631 Views)

"New voicemail" message is being sent to my phone. I do not have Verizon voicemail. I do not want Verizon voicemail. This message blocks display of caller id data. I can no longer tell if there are caller id calls. If I remove it manually, it just comes back in a few minutes. Verizon needs to stop sending this message. It is not a local phone problem since it happens with two different models and brands of phone. Why is this message being sent to my phone?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jonjones
Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Re: New voicemail message

Message 2 of 2
(623 Views)

@JTNwrote:

"New voicemail" message is being sent to my phone. I do not have Verizon voicemail. I do not want Verizon voicemail. This message blocks display of caller id data. I can no longer tell if there are caller id calls. If I remove it manually, it just comes back in a few minutes. Verizon needs to stop sending this message. It is not a local phone problem since it happens with two different models and brands of phone. Why is this message being sent to my phone?

Call Verizon and tell them to remove it from their end. On my mother in laws phone it was interfering with her phone use of voicemail. This way she gets caller ID and if she doesn’t answer it rolls into the phone systems voicemail.

the people at Verizon were quick to remove the feature when asked.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
jonjones
Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Re: New voicemail message

Message 2 of 2
(624 Views)

@JTNwrote:

Call Verizon and tell them to remove it from their end. On my mother in laws phone it was interfering with her phone use of voicemail. This way she gets caller ID and if she doesn’t answer it rolls into the phone systems voicemail.

the people at Verizon were quick to remove the feature when asked.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title