No Dial Tone - Verizon seems no help
MMONG

I suppose I'm venting.

I came home Friday and my phone does not have a dial tone but I still had internet access.  I went through the website's troubleshooting guide on trying to disconnect and connect phones from the line.  Also opening the ONT door to check the status.  None helped.

I progressed to chat with Verizon agent.  It turns out that Verizon turned off my phone.  I was scheduled to have triple play installed (did not have TV option before) on Friday but I already rescheduled last Monday for next Thursday.  Apparently Verizon turned my phone off even when the installation was rescheduled.  Agent 1 said that I would need to have somebody come to the house to turn in on.  I'm not available in the time they had until my rescheduled appointment.  Why do they need somebody to come to the house to turn it on when it was remotely turned off?  Agent 1 says he could not help me and that someone at cssc might.  He transfers me to CSSC Agent 2.  

Agent 2 said that my billing was fine.  (So I'm paying for a dead phone.)  and that he could not help me either.  He told me to call the 1-888-553-1555.

Called 1-888-553-1555.  Agent 3 answered.  He said that he needs billings help to try to fix the issue to turn on my phone.  I was transferred to Agent 4.

Agent 4 seemed to be trying to help.  She said that she was in contact with some department in Verizon to see what is going on.  I thought that it was being resolved.  Then on one of the holds, I was transferred to the large pool of callers and had to start over again with Agent 5.  Mind you, for each of these Agents, I had to start over with telephone number, address and the issues.

Agent 5 seems to be trying to help but within a short period of time, I was put back to the big pool of callers and had to start over again with Agent 6.

Agent 6 seems to be helpful.  She said that they had reverse the order to turn the phone on and that I should get service soon.  End of phone calls.  Almost 2 hours on the internet and phone trying to get my FIOS phone working.

14 hours later.  Still no dial tone.  Maybe it will be back at 24 hours.  Sigh.

0 Likes
Re: No Dial Tone - Verizon seems no help
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board. you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information.

To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Re: No Dial Tone - Verizon seems no help
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Unfortunately, since we have yet to hear back from you we are going to close out the support case. In the future if you ever need assistance. Let us know our team is here 24/7.
-Amanda_M

0 Likes