No DIALTONE Runaround
N8veNYR

This is not the first tiime being dissatisfied with Verizon Customer Support (if you call it that).  But this latest issue has me quite vexed and angry:  I have not had a dialtone for OVER one week.  Upon detection, an appointment was made for a week later with the UPSURD time window frame of 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. on a weeday workday. 

I asked for a smaller window from an agent who replied it was impossible to do, so I took the entire day off from work.  In addition, to have access to the line outside of my apartment, I need to have a key to to roof-top door, so the L/L had someone wait for my call with the key.  I received a call at 10:00 a.m. saying someone would be at my apartment between 10:30 and 5:00 p.m.  NEEDLESS to say, NO ONE from Verizon EVER showed up. 

I lost a day's pay, and the L/L's person hung around for nothing.  I called that evening to speak to an agent, Jun (after waiting approximately 30 minutes to reach one !) who was in the Phillipines.  After complaining about my spending the entirel day waiting, after he checked the records he told me that a technician WAS there at approximately 3:00 and discovered the problem was in the Central Office and/or cables.  When I complained that no one told me that so that I could return to work and all he could do was "apologize," I asked for a supervisor. 

I was told the two supervisors, Glenda and Mike, were "busy" and someone call me back within ONE HOUR.  I informed Jun that it was 10:00 p.m. in New York and I expect the call by 11:00 - that between TWO of them, one should be free.  And of course, NO ONE CALLED.  This is typical of Verizon personnel: from passing the buck to IGNORING the customer's needs and issues.

Today, the next day, a Customer Repair/Support Supervisor Fred, DID call me to update me on the issue and repeated that the issue was in fact in Central and that a technician would work on it.  I reiterated the issue was compounded by TWO people waiting around and losing productivity when there could have been some kind of communication that our "presence" was NOT NECESSARY for the repair.  He said the follow up would be made and EXPRESSLY informed me I DID NOT have to be home. 

At 5:00 p.m. this evening I receive a call from an agent, VANESSA, who asks if I would be home on Saturday to give the technician "access to the F1."  I informed her I don't know what that is:  after explaining it to me, I repeated the entire above story to her trying to impress that the SUPERVISOR told me I did not have to be home and the issue resided in the Central Office.  And she asks if I would be home Saturday to give the tecnician access to (WHEREVER) this "F1"
 is.  I ask her why would I know where this access is, why don't we find out the location first to investigate how to get the access before everyone wastes their time.  She HANGS UP ON ME. 

This, I am finding more and more, is the general attitude of all your agents and customer service personnel.  They pass the buck, don't have complete information (or it's outdated:  when I checked on this site yesterday, it said the issue was resolved, yet this morning, as it is now, still open), and are RUDE and UNHELPFUL.  This is in part, I'm sure, due to the fact that Verizon Service OVERALL has declined over the 50 years I've had this same phone line.

I've written on "My Verizon" an e-mail asking who and/or where to write to complain about this lack of service and general attitude - and have YET to get a response.  I am sending a copy of this e-mail to the Better Business Bureau as well to the Customer Service address specified on the site, as well as to the President, Chief Executive Office, and Chairman of the Board of Verizon.

I believe this might be one of the ONLY ways to get serious attention to these Verizon Issues.

0 Likes
Re: No DIALTONE Runaround
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.
Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

N8veNYR,

We'll be closing your private case thread for the time being since we have yet to hear back from you.

If you need further assistance, please reach out to us in this public thread.

Thank you,

Art

0 Likes
DissatisfiedRh
I was told to call for repairs and then to access Verizon.com/repair after countless requests to go through the troubleshooting regime. Both live chats were ineffective in my letting Verizon know there are problems with landlines in our area. Live Chats are just there to pass the buck and throw the customer into the loop of endless runarounds. Both my neighbor and I are unable to get dial tones on our phones. I need to contact repair service on this since I don't have phone service nor does the web page offer this option. All of the runarounds with troubleshooting would save valuable time if Verizon would contact customers when THEY are having the problems. Do you think they will give customers a discount when they are left without service for days???
0 Likes
JanieF

I am having the same issue.  For the last few months every other week or so I have no dial tone.  I call verizon, they set up an appointment, I stay home from work, they do something remotely and it is fixed.  But only fixed for a few days or maybe for a week.  Then there is no dial tone, again.   I call again, they set up an appointment, they fix it.  

I am constantly having this problem recur.   They have NOT fixed it permanently.   I keep coming home to find no dial tone; call Verizon, have to set up a service call, and go through the whole process again and again and again.  Yesterday they called to confirm an appointment today for 10 AM, which I stayed home for.  No one has showed up or called.

I am now on hold for what seems like the 50th time in the last few months (I have had both phone and internet service problems, constantly).  There is no record of my having a service call today, according to my internet account.

What the heck is going on?  Can I not get a basic, consistent dial tone with my phone service??  

MF

0 Likes
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

JanieF,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases".  You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information.  This should be checked on a frequent basis  as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Hello JanieF,

We have not been able to get in contact with you to gather your account information, and we are closing your private support case. Please let us know in this public thread if there is anything else we can help you with.

Thanks,

Rachel

0 Likes