Re: no vmail indication on the phone
nmilot
Contributor - Level 1

I am still having this issue.  Picking up the phone to check for the stuttered dial tone is getting old!  Any Verizon techs out there looking at this board that can take a look??  Again, the voicemail indicator worked fine on my phone when I had comcast.  I switched to FiOS and it stopped working.  Nothing has changed on my phone. 

Thanks!

0 Likes
Treeman
Had same problem, changed the number of rings from 6 to 4 on my phone, now the answering machine comes on before voicemail and I see the indicator light on the phone that I have a message. Number of rings you have on your answering machine must be less than what is set up on your voicemail, if not it messages will go to voicemail in lieu of your phone's answering machine. This works for me, didn't like to have to listen to dial tone to see if I had messages.
0 Likes
alpha_centura
I have the same problem. My telephone visual message indicator light, will keep comming on even when I don't have any messages in my voice mail. Can someone please help?
0 Likes
DzWR
Contributor - Level 1

@alpha centura wrote:
I have the same problem. My telephone visual message indicator light, will keep comming on even when I don't have any messages in my voice mail. Can someone please help?

If you had Verizon before for regular phone and switched to fios you might have an issue a friend of mine ran into.  His voicemail access number changed when he went from regular Verizon phone service to Verizon fios phone service.  So he was constantly checking his previous access number (which was accessing his OLD voicemail number) but people were leaving messages on his new access number (which IS related to the fios service).

So he kept checking his old voicemail, not finding any new messages -- yet he would get the stutter dial tone and the visual voicemail indicator on his phone.  He called into tech support and they gave him his new access number -- he went in and cleared out the messages and everything was fine after that.

This MIGHT be your issue, but I don't know what your current situation is -- but I would call tech support and verify the voicemail access number they have in the system for you versus the one you are using.

Hope this helps.

0 Likes
MagicMan
Contributor - Level 1
Call your billing office.  It sounds like a provisioning issue.  There are switch/feature interdependencies and all have to be properly activated.   Ask them to get a FiOS phone tech support on the phone to help walk everyone through your record to make sure all the features are properly activated.
0 Likes
nmilot
Contributor - Level 1

I finally got around to calling tech support regarding this issue.  It's very frustrating that I never get the same answer from these people.  The last time I called they told me that everything was set up on their end and that it must be my phone.  I highly doubt it's the phone since this worked fine with comcast.

A tech came by to fix my DVR box recently.  While he was here I asked about the phone.  He said the phone is fine and it is most likely a problem with whatever CO my phone is based out of.  He said it's possible that this CO doesn't handle the visual voicemail indicator.

So i called again tonight to see what they could do.  I explained my problem, was put on hold for a few minutes, and then was told that my phone is set up for audio voicemail, but the visual voicemail is not set up, and this is why I am having this problem.   He said I would have to talk to billing, but they are closed for the night.  So tomorrow I call billing.................

0 Likes
ptr7272

I switched from Vonage to FIOS phone, my phone's voicemail light now also stays on without any messages waiting.

Too late now to call billing, but those that did to get this "fixed", is this "visual voicemail" feature an extra charge? 

Thx 

0 Likes
nmilot
Contributor - Level 1
It better not be a charge, but I will find out today.  I've already got it so I get email notifications when I receive a voicemail, and I can listen online, all no charge.  If they now charge me just to get my phone to say "new voicemail" then I will be *ticked*!
Message Edited by KaLin on 05-13-2009 07:10 AM
0 Likes
ptr7272

@nmilot wrote:
It better not be a charge, but I will find out today.  I've already got it so I get email notifications when I receive a voicemail, and I can listen online, all no charge.  If they now charge me just to get my phone to say "new voicemail" then I will be *ticked*!
Message Edited by KaLin on 05-13-2009 07:10 AM

Hi, I had similar functionality with Vonage, how do you get voicemail sent to your email with Verizon, and how do you check used minutes (I have the 300 minute international plan)?
0 Likes
nmilot
Contributor - Level 1

So I called billing today.  The woman I spoke with seems to have identified my problem.  Apparently there are a couple different voicemail packages.  One involves 30 messages for 30 days, and the other is 50 messages for 50 days.  Or something to that effect.  I am on the beefed up package which supposedly doesn't support the visual voicemail notifier on your phone.  I have to actually downgrade in order for it to work.

I'm not sold on the idea yet, but we will see.  I was told that I will lose my email notifications by downgrading as well.  I called around 10am (eastern) this morning and was told it will take effect later this afternoon.  6:30pm and I'm still waiting.  As of right now if I leave a voicemail I still get the email notification, but no notification on the phone.

To answer your question on how to get email notifications, I would start here: https://www36.verizon.com/callassistant/myaccount/signin.aspx

0 Likes