Number Port Problem
RedLine
Enthusiast - Level 1
Hey guys,

I wanted to run this by the forum to see if you guys could offer any options/advice on how I could resolve the number port issue I am having.

I have been using Verizon for my landline service. I have 2 lines but I use one of them only for faxing. I wanted to bring up another business line but I did not want to pay Verizon for the extra line so I called up Vonage. They offer a Business package that includes a free fax line. I decided to ask Vonage to port over my existing fax line in an attempt to save some money.

Well, yesterday (9/12) the port took place and I lost BOTH of my lines from Verizon. I called Verizon first and explained that only my fax line should have been ported. Verizon said the order they received from Vonage was for both lines. They told me I have to contact Vonage and get them to make the change to the order.

I called Vonage and explained the problem. They told me they only requested the port on the fax line and that Verizon must have just cancelled the entire account by mistake. They told me to call Verizon back and have them re-activate the main business line.

I called Verizon back and they said their was nothing they could do. The port order requested both lines and by law, they had to comply with the port request.

I called Vonage up again and they told me they would look into the port order, but it could take several days. Meanwhile, I sit here as a small business owner with no phone service to my store.

I feel like a ping-pong ball bouncing between Vonage and Verizon with no resolution. Does anyone have any idea on what else I could try?
0 Likes
Re: Number Port Problem
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1
If the number has already been ported then you must call Vonage. Verizon can not legally touch the line if the order has gone through.
0 Likes
RedLine
Enthusiast - Level 1
That makes sense. The problem is that Vonage claims they only requested the one line. So, they have no access to my main phone line that was cutoff by Verizon. They are telling me they cannot touch that line regardless of what Verizon says.
0 Likes
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1
Since Verizon ported both numbers can't you use your main number from Vonage in the meantime until everything is straightened out?
0 Likes
RedLine
Enthusiast - Level 1

Even though Verizon says Vonage got both numbers, Vonage says they only got the fax line, not the main line. So they can not turn on a number they do not have.

I spoke to Verizon on and off most of the day today. A guy from the "Win Back" group contacted the 3rd party company that handles the number ports. He was not real specific, but he did confirm that Vonage did not have the number. But, Verizon did not have it ether. So, he sent me over to the order department. After talking to the order department I was informed Verizon cancelled my entire business account. I spent an hour on the phone trying to get my account recreated. By the end of the day the order department could not submit the order due to some "code" problem. They are suppose to call me in the morning and we are going to try again.

So, now I am waiting for them to tell me how long all this is going to take. I am going on my 5th day of having no phone service for my retail business.

0 Likes