Re: Phone rings every couple of hours no one there
ejpbowie
Enthusiast - Level 3

Did you ever get this resolved?  I am still having the same problem since that storm and rescheduled a service call again to get it fixed.

0 Likes
lmrgsbowie

My phone has been ringing since the 2-day outage at the end of June.  Rings on :13 and :43 of random hours, not evenly spaced hours, day and night.  I've made 8 calls to Verizon, and it still persists.  We have FIOS.  Verizon replaced the ONT, with no success.  The ring is an abbreviated ring, doesn't show up on caller ID.  Lots of lost sleep because of the ringing.  Any ideas?

0 Likes
ejpbowie
Enthusiast - Level 3

My phone has also been ringing since early July.  Just had the outside box replaced and if anything the problem has gotten worse, with it ringing more frequently.  Verizon, are you listening?  There could be many people with this problem, it needs to be escalated until a solution is found.

0 Likes
ejpbowie
Enthusiast - Level 3

This message is for the others on this forum with the same problem.

I spent an hour on the phone with Verizon again today and we failed to reproduce the problem.

The best guess now is that the problem is localized to the house, and so now I am going to try and narrow down the problem by disconnecting phones and using them in different jacks to isolate the problem.  

What is interesting is that it appears that at least three people on this forum are from Bowie.  I live near old Bowie.  Another clue is that one of our corded phone/answering machines died around the time of the storm also, so that might indicate a power surge may have shorted out one or more of the phone jacks.   I have two corded phones and a cordless phone.

At this point if we all share information we may be able to help narrow down the source of the problem so it can be fixed.  I would appreciate if the others on this forum would provide updates on their situation as Verizon has done all the testing it can and is unable to determine what is causing our phones to ring randomly throughout the day.

0 Likes
Shamika_VZ
Contributor - Level 3

All,

Please send me a message if you are still having trouble.

Shamika_Vz
Verizon Support

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supersede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or Plan.

0 Likes
ejpbowie
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes, as of Aug 17th I am still having this problem and we have run out of ideas to try.  I have had a lot of help from Verizon support but still no fix as we can't reproduce the problem and it occurs at random times of the day (but still at :08 and :38 minutes after the hour).  So I may have to cancel my FIOS phone service soon so that I can get some peace (3 AM phone ringing for the past two months is not welcome).  

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Hi ejpbowie

Please message Shamika so she can help you.

0 Likes
Seahusker1

I live in Bowie, have FIOS service and have the exact same problem.  The troubleshooting function did not provide any help. What is the remedy??

0 Likes
ejpbowie
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have tried to do that but don't see how to do that on this website.

0 Likes
RW32

I'm glad I saw your posting. I live in Bowie and I'm having the same problem. Have you identified the problem yet?

0 Likes