Porting of Comcast digital voice number to Verizon Digital voice
dbock

I called to purchase a triple bundle from fios.  I currently have the Comcast triple play with digital voice.  I was told that at this time I cannot port my number over to Verizon.  This is a deal breaker for me.  The rep told me that this would be possible at some time.  Does anyone know if this will be possible in the future?  I am in NJ.   It would be a real pain if I have to change my phone numbers.

0 Likes
Re: Porting of Comcast digital voice number to Verizon Digital voice
VZ_Brett
Contributor - Level 2

dbock, does your # originate in NJ or did you port in to Comcast from somewhere else when you went to Comcast?

0 Likes
dbock
The numbers were always in NJ, but I think they may have originated with Vonage and then I ported them into Comcast. However they werer always NJ numbers and match my local area code.
0 Likes
VZ_Brett
Contributor - Level 2

Dbock, do you remember if you were told you just could not port that # over to verizon or could not port if over to Verizon Fios Digital Voice? Also if you would like to private message me your TN# I will find out the details on why you were told that. Brett

0 Likes
dbock

I was told I couldn't port to digital or even the regular service.  I'll send a IM with the info.  Thanks...

0 Likes
jhansen013

I need to keep my # as well, but I was told I couldn't if I wanted digital voice.  I do not want freedom essentials.  Does anyone know why it can't be ported from cablevision?  My # originally was from verizon.  This is a deal breaker for me too.  If I can't keep my # then I can't switch to FIOS.

0 Likes