porting phone number
kcaabell

Would be a great idea that when a number is ported from Verizon to different service that you would follow through and make sure it actually happened.  My number supposedly was ported Saturday, I had a dial tone and can call out, but cannot recieve calls due to an aborted port??????   And with it being the weekend, no one is available to address the issue in your tech dept....which leaves me with no home phone.  Very dissapointed with this situation and lack of follow-up.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: porting phone number
Fit2BTied

After spending almost TWO HOURS on the phone questioning WHY my request to port my number over to Ooma was rejected, I find out my phone number was frozen!! WHAT DOES THAT MEAN?? Their excuse was that when I cancelled my internet service 2 months ago, the order got caught in a loop (for 2 months) because their system went down at some point. The order NOW SHOWS COMPLETED. It's only showing completed because I've spent two hours on the phone demanding they find out Why and to FIX IT!!

Now I have gear myself up to spend another WASTED day MAKING SURE MY PHONE IS STILL UNFROZEN & THE REQUEST TO PORT WILL GO THROUGH!!!!

Verizon used to be pleasant to deal with. I could call & request something and they would get it done. Simple as that! NOW, YOU HAVE FOLLOW UP OVER AND OVER AGAIN AND GET TRANSFERRED NUMEROUS TIMES UNTIL YOU FINALLY GET THE RIGHT PERSON. 

0 Likes
Re: porting phone number
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes