"Customer Service" has ZERO answers....really?
DGRL
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am extremely disappointed with two things specifically.
1. Not only with the fact that, with our technology, going into the year 2014, something so simple cannot be done without a problem
2. Customer service has no answers.

I have (had) two phone lines. One is part of a bundle, the other is not.
I decided to port out the number not on the bundle to basic talk.
Knowing that of course, something would get screwed up, I followed up to be sure everything was still ok on the account.
As predicted, our bundle was "undone" even though the number being taken off had nothing to do with the bundle, in fact, The bundled phone number was never even mentioned.
To be fair, the customer service rep that we dealt with was outstanding; He saw what was wrong and took care of it, even promising to call back the next day at 5:30 to confirm everything was still working correctly. At 5:30 he indeed called and confirmed everything was good to go.
The following day is where the problems arose. When I went to check a voice mail, I was promoted to enter my temporary passcode. Temporary passcode?! It was not taking the passcode I had used for years....I called the phone to find that it had been disconnected! What ? How could this be? I've used it today!
So I made a call from that phone to my cellphone only to find MY PHONE NUMBER WAS CHANGED!!!
This is a phone I have used primarily for work.  This is the number that all of my contacts collected over the years reach me...
So the short version of the story is this: When I talked to a "supervisor" last night, my bottom line request was this: I need my phone number back.
After a few minutes of looking into it, he responded that he's sorry, but there's nothing he can do...."Try again in the future"...When I asked what that means, he said "Well, you never know." When I pressed on that this is beyond a major inconvenience and there must be something he could do; after all, It probably happened over the last 24hrs!
He continued with "nope. sorry there's nothing I can do..."
When asked why we can't get that number back, he just said he didn't know, but he knows he can't get it back for me.
So we're done then? Nobody there who can help with this? Can't find out any more and get back to us? Just done, eh?
I asked,  when were you planning on informing me that my phone number had changed? He responded "...yea, I don't know why that happened..." then silence.
I'll spare all of the other questions he didn't know the answers to, but this is a supervisor. (?!)
Well, I've always liked my FIOS service, and we've told people on the fence with Comcast that we liked it.  Thought Comcast is out and about with compelling offers, we've declined.
Well, I'm no longer under contract and at this point, I have nothing to lose and much to gain by switching to Comcast.
My number is changed so the only incoming calls I get for work now are solicitors, and I'm paying about twice as much as what Verizon and Comcast is offering its new customers.
Very unfortunate and very disappointing.  I wish this could've been resolved. It really shines a light on what seems like flat out incompetence.

Re: "Customer Service" has ZERO answers....really?
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board. you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information.

To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

DGRL,

We are not able to assist without your information, and after multiple unanswered requests for that information have closed your Private Support Case. If you still require assistance with the home phone numbers please make a new post and we will be happy to investigate.

-Adam_VZ

0 Likes
tentoone
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am going to leave too because of support. I dropped FIOS TV but need the wireless and phone for now. How come Verizon doesn't allow customers to open tickets instead of talking with an agent that can't help. I don't have time to waste not getting the issues resolved being online with an agent.