rate went up $10 a month after 12 months of 24 month contract
mcoomes
Enthusiast - Level 1

Could have baled on Verizon May 2012. Was convinced to stay but rate did go up after I was told it would not from about $75/mo to about $85/mo inclusive of taxes and fees.  A story for another time .  At end of April 2013 a $10 sales and promotion special expired so now my rate is $95/mo.  If they don't bring back the first of two years promotions specials I will not continue with Verizon past April 2014.  I wish I had been firm back in 2012 and left then.  My bad and lesson learned.

0 Likes
Re: rate went up $10 a month after 12 months of 24 month contract
carllazar
Enthusiast - Level 1

Do what I did, call them and complain, they dropped my rate back down again.  I have been with verizon for more then10 years.  My daughter was paying more then me and getting less sevice.  They called and not only got what they paid for, but they got a rebate.  The problem is that you cannot get to an executive of the company. 

Re: rate went up $10 a month after 12 months of 24 month contract
mcoomes
Enthusiast - Level 1

VZ dropped it $5 a month for the rest of the two year contract. In a couple of months it will cost about as much to pay the current month's bill versus the penalty for early termination of the contract. At that time I intend to leave VZ.

0 Likes
Re: rate up $10 a month after 12 months - "Promotion" Defined
armond_in_nj1
Master - Level 1

@markdenton wrote:

... At end of April 2013 a $10 sales and promotion special expired so now my rate is $95/mo.  If they don't bring back the first of two years promotions specials I will not continue with Verizon past April 2014 ...

Since you don't indicate the services you receive, it's impossible to say your rates seem comparatively high, comparatively low, or anything else.  Even so, there's a real reluctance hereabouts to understand what exactly is meant by "promotion."

If one reads the service terms carefully, it's obvious that promotions often expire during the term of a particular contract.  Some of mine expired last month as my service passed the 12 month mark, but that was no surprise because the terms were described in detail on all invoices.

A promotion is exactly that: a marketing tactic designed to get folks in the door.  A "promotion" that lasts for the duration of service and beyond is not a "promotion," but instead a price decrease.  In my view VZ prices are perhaps higher than the competition in some cases, but so also is the quality of what's delivered: TV/Internet/Phone.  Note that I'm not referring to billing disputes, incorrect invoices, terms-of-service ambiguities, etc., but to the actual product that comes in the door.

Ya get's what ya pays for, and in my home FiOS Fiber delivers..

0 Likes