Removal of telephone network interface box
aprico
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am not a landline customer (I am a wireless customer) and apparently the previous homeowner was because there is a telephone network interface box attached to the side of my house.

I am doing some rennovations including having the house re-sided and need the box removed as well as the wires from the house to the telephone pole. 

I can remove the box from the house but what do I do with the wires from the house that run across the street to a telephone pole?

0 Likes
Re: Removal of telephone network interface box
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

YOU are not permitted to remove them.  Even the box you should contact verizon, and they would normally reinstall it after your siding is done.

This is a forum for customers to help other customers.  Few Verizon employees will give you answers.

Contact them at 1-800-verizon.

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

It's a utility box, so it's kinda like the water meter or a gas meter, they normally don't get removed.   They can be moved for home improvement projects, and in your case they might just take it with them, but you probably should call into verizon, or try their online chat.  a tech should go out there I would think.  

0 Likes
aprico
Enthusiast - Level 1

I called and after being transferred to 4 different agents a work order was generated and I got a ticket number.  They told me it would be tomorrow but I got a call from the contractor letting me know that the technician was there and removed the box and wire to the pole.

Thanks for the advice.