repair of landline takes 5 days? no superviser available to speak with
anova1

can someone tell me and explain why the "earliest appointment " that the reps giving you to check problem with a landline in NYC is 5 days from the report? what are they doing ? I reported on Monday and on Friday someone will come to hopefuly fix it?! What kind of service this is? For what they charge Lifeline charges? This is upseting and unprofessional.

0 Likes
Re: repair of landline takes 5 days? no superviser available to speak with
mt112000

PUC mandates they make an attempt to repair service within 24 hrs. The only thing you can do is call your PUC department and let them know whats going on and VZ will get fined. Probably wont get them out any sooner but theyll have to pay the fine.

0 Likes
IHATEVERIZON32

It's because verizon doen't care about you once your a customer.I am having the same problem. I am going to go back to cablevision.

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader
That is kind of ridiculous. Unless the techs are backed up to an extreme amount or there's very few techs running around, all repair times should be within a day. I'd definitely make a complaint if it's taking that long considering how important phone service is.
0 Likes
sellmedigitalBS

Complain to who??????????????????

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader
If Verizon won't do anything no matter what you try, your local PUC (Public Utilities Commission) is generally a place that will get the ball rolling.
MESHKI

In southern californian it takes much much much longer, I openned a ticket 12-21-2010. Service  showed up 1-5-2011. So 5 days is a good response time for Verizon in your case. BTW, I continued calling in between , average of 2-3 times a day. I am still calling, still line is not clear, have static on it, my DSL speed has been cut to the half.  I also called city attorney and manager as well. I got bounced back from public utility commission to Verizon. I am damaged over  $1,200. Looking for a cosumer attorney.

0 Likes
MicheleB1

I'm on the fourth service call for the same problem in six months -- no dial tone. Last reported 12/31, it's now 1/13, no service. We're scheduled for 1/25. Nearly four weeks with no phone service? This is absolutely ridiculous and shouldn't be allowed. The problem is outside at the pole. Replace the **bleep** pole then! Replace the lines. Whatever. Just fix the bloody phone. We're in Southern California.

0 Likes
hoagie75

Same problem here in Fountain Valley CA .My lifeline has been dead for at least 3 days, they know it is a rain problem that floods the underground vault and corrodes all the wires out leaving a green copper liquid in the hub.....what a mess!! Please the powers that be fix it right you know where and what a mess it is...

0 Likes
jerry816

Land line is dead please repair

{edited for privacy}

0 Likes