Residential Phone, Fios TV & Fios Internet nightmare. PLEASE HELP ME!
lujanra

I have called and email Verizon several times only to be transferred from help desk to help desk to technical support to billing, back to tech on to fios tech.  My services have not worked since May 24th.  My bill went past due and was turned off.  However when I paid the bill, my services were not turned on.  They reinstated my bundle services but didn't restore the data which caused my cable, phone and internet not to work.  I tried calling to dispute bill but after being on the phone over 30 minutes on a prepaid cell phone I would have to hang up.  I was being told my service was out. I explained it wasn't my service I had a tech issue with my phone line. 

I had no dial tone and not sound on my phone.  I made numerous request for help sent emails etc.  Finally the last week of July a Verizon tech came to my home and looked at my setup.  No repairs were needed, the tech went outside and climb up the telephone poll and adjusted some wires, then he went down the street to a metal electrical box and flipped a switch.  Immediately my services were restored.  My kids were happy I was happy.  I told the tech I was going to call Verizon the next day to dispute my bill.  By the way, Verizon billed me every month for a service I could not use. The next day I woke up and the services were all shut off again.  I've had it, I'm ready to pay the cancellation fee to get out of my contract.  My bill is almost $800.  Not to mentioned on a previous call I canceled fios TV optional add on such as HBO and TMC.  Verizon never canceled subscriptions and continued to bill me.  I'm frustrated to tears.  The last email was a rambler like this one.  I finally got the right wording and asked for a detail break down of when my bill went past due, when was services disconnected/reconnected, what were the fees and a list of all payments.  To this day I'm still waiting for the detail break down.  If they can prove to me it is a billing issue I will pay it however I know that is not the case.  I can't use my phone line.  I know it isn't disconnected because if you call the house phone my voicemail picks up but if I pick up the house phone you have no dial tone.  Has anyone experienced anything like this? 

Thank you for reading

May 24th services no longer working (TV, Internet, Home Phone)

Bill paid May 28th and again June 9th.

Monthly billing continues for services they say are disconnected

Last week of July service tech fixed problem by adjusting wire on phone poll and electrical box on city street

The very next day services shut off and don't work

First week of August a bill for almost $800

Today sitting at work frustrated cause I can't put on Sponge Bob for my children

0 Likes
Re: Residential Phone, Fios TV & Fios Internet nightmare. PLEASE HELP ME!
JohnA
Enthusiast - Level 3

.  I can't use my phone line.  I know it isn't disconnected because if you call the house phone my voicemail picks up but if I pick up the house phone you have no dial tone.  Has anyone experienced anything like this? 

Yes, it sounds like you need your cross-connects rebuilt by FIOS tech support. Make sure that they make good notes on your account. Once they restore it, you'll have to deal with billing, and all the notes on your account are very helpful to verify that it's out and how long it's been out.
lujanra

Thank you for the information.  I am going to call Verizon and explain to them what needs to be done.  It has been one big nightmare.  I was contacted by Verizon that same day and offered help, but the system is still not working. 

Have you had the same issue with your phone line?

0 Likes
JohnA
Enthusiast - Level 3
Yes. It can effect other services too, but usually just phone.
0 Likes