RUN don't walk from verizon
wj3v
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have been  a loyal customer of Verizon for 20+ years. Short story, I changed from 1 bundle to another less expensive bundle online. My bill was suppose to go from $67 a month to $45 a month. Much to my surprise when I logged in to pay my bill my charges were at $85. I called in and after a lenghtly hold time of 45 minutes finally got to speak to a CSR. I was told since I changed from 1 bundle to another, all the bundled charges disappear for 2 billing cycles and I would have to pay full price until the billing cycles changed. I was given a $15 credit, which only dropped the amount owed to $70. This is a long way from the $45 it should have been. I just got off the phone with another CSR, whom would not let me speak to a supervisor. I wanted to cancel my internet service and downgrade my phone service until I can have my number ported to another provider. Now I was told I can not change anything until after the port goes thru. So they want to keep getting all they can while they can. How can something as simple as changing from 1 bundle to a less expensive bundle be so complicated?  They blamed me for changing services online. If that is an issue they should not offer it. OR at least offer to fix it.

If they would have fixed the issue when I called in the first time I would still be a Verizon customer. I hope the extra $30 they get out of me was worth loosing a subscriber...............

I would have kept my internet service with Verizon had the CSR I talked to had been more helpful. All he did was argue with me and not offer to fix the problem. I may be just 1 customer, however, I have several family members and  a lot of friends that have service thru Verizon. I do know for a fact they will be changing also.

This may not seem like a big deal to many but it  is a matter of principle. If anyone needs more info just email me:

{edited for privacy}

Re: RUN don't walk from verizon
KH-OrnEsh1
Moderator Emeritus

I'm sorry you are having difficulty. An agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information or to help you resolve your issue.

0 Likes
NanaT2

I'm not so sure this is true.   I emailed Verizon with a question over a week ago and still haven't received an answer.

0 Likes
wj3v
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well guess what. I was emailed by a Verizon rep and did supply my info so they could contact me to resolve this issue. They NEVER did contact me!

I WAS even considering keeping the internet service if they would take care of the problem. Since I NEVER heard from them, my port request went through yesterday and I called this evening to COMPLETELY cancel all my service with verizon.

I was on hold for 45 minutes waiting for a CSR so I could cancel the service. I know I have at least 6 or 7 hours invested in this mess.

I switched my phone service to VOIPO   Google it, it is very inexpensive and works very well. I now have high speed internet service through the cable TV company.

I WAS a loyal verizon customer since 1989.....23 years...... They could care less about there customers.. RUN from them!

0 Likes
lily458
Enthusiast - Level 1

I understabd where your coming from,  I am having the same problem of no one helping me.  We have 2 landlines in the house and all we need is one.  I want to drop the number on the bundle and replace it with another one.  I also am a customer of many years.

After 4 calls I finally got through.  She just didn't understand something so simple.  I told her I would go to Comcast (which have good offers).  First she said it couldn't be done, after I mentioned Comcast she said it could be done and someone would call me the next day and then clicked the receiver in my ear.  No one called.  Verizon makes it so difficult to solve a problem, all they have on the Internet is how to sell you something more.

Well, I tried, so off to COMCAST I go.

CAN'T GET GOOD HELP THESE DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Likes
BeyondPissed
Enthusiast - Level 2

I completely agree with you. Their CSR are rude and argue with you, even when the problem is their fault. They don't care about their customers. Good for you for cancellin! I am on the verge of doing this myself. I have had it with their inadequate service and rude employees who say they will call you back, and NEVER do

0 Likes
Status changed to: Resolved
TonyaD_VZ
Contributor - Level 3

We sent you a message on our private support board to assist you and we did not receive a response. Please repost the issue if you are still experiencing a problem so that we may assist you. Tonya C.

0 Likes