Signing up for something free cost me an extra $8.00/mo?
User123

I think this is the year 2010 and technology at the consumer level should be that of a business say, 10 years ago.  So earlier this month, I saw that Verizon offered something called Verizon Call Assistance.  It said it was free, and it said I would have the ability to retrieve my voice mail over the internet! wow finally!  I sign up and now I get a notice that say's it will cost me $8.00/month extra. Anyhow just a warning to all, that if it say's free from Verizon it probably isn't.  Of course I still can't get Verizon Call Assistance working nor have I been able to contact them quickly yet, during their normal business hours.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Signing up for something free cost me an extra $8.00/mo?
Hubrisnxs
Legend

give the call assistant guys a call  888-483-5156   they can help you - and yes it's free. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

give the call assistant guys a call  888-483-5156   they can help you - and yes it's free. 

0 Likes
User123

Thanks, it turned out it wasn't extra 8.00, but since I already have Verizon Freedom Essentials in my bundle, it was already included.  Also it turns out I need to have Voice 1.  to get the VCA working.  She said to wait an hour and then try it so my fingers are crossed! 

0 Likes
Tee52
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just signed up for the call assistant and was told it was FREE. If I see any new charge on my bill - I will have FIOS taken out totally.

0 Likes