Switched from landline to mobile
Heavysaurus

Hello,

On Nov. 13 I went into my local Verizon store and asked about starting a Verizon prepaid wireless plan and porting my landline number (Verizon) to the cell phone and then discontinuing the landline service. The very nice gentleman did this. After 2 days my cellphone received a text from Verizon saying it could send and receive calls. It worked as it was supposed to, and the landline became inactive.

I asked the rep at the time of sale if I would be credited for any remaining unused time on the landline as I had already paid my bill for the period 10/28-11/27. He said I should. He also said I should receive paperwork in the mail reflecting the change. I have not as of yet.

Two questions: 1) Is he correct? and 2) When I enter my now mobile number (previously landline) in the login space for My Verizon, it is not recognized. When I try to add it to my profile, it doesn't accept it as a valid mobile number. Am I just premature and all the stars haven't aligned properly yet?

Thank you

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Switched from landline to mobile
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Two questions: 1) Is he correct?
I've heard mixed results on here about getting a pro rated credit. 

2) When I enter my now mobile number (previously landline) in the login space for My Verizon, it is not recognized. When I try to add it to my profile, it doesn't accept it as a valid mobile number. Am I just premature and all the stars haven't aligned properly yet?
You won't go to the My Verizon login anymore. That is only for landline. Verizon Wireless will have a similar site to log into. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Switched from landline to mobile
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Two questions: 1) Is he correct?
I've heard mixed results on here about getting a pro rated credit. 

2) When I enter my now mobile number (previously landline) in the login space for My Verizon, it is not recognized. When I try to add it to my profile, it doesn't accept it as a valid mobile number. Am I just premature and all the stars haven't aligned properly yet?
You won't go to the My Verizon login anymore. That is only for landline. Verizon Wireless will have a similar site to log into. 

0 Likes