Switching Phone Lines
Nylahappens

I have two phone lines coming into my house.  One phone line runs through the entire house and is connect to 4 jacks.  The other phone line is located in just one room, my home office. 

The phone line running through the house was turned-off (disconnected) two years ago.  My current, connected phone is the line that is only available in my home office.

I would like to switch my current phone to the phone line that runs through the entire house.  I was told that my fee for Verizon coming to the house and changing these phone lines is $85 per jack.  I also understand that there is a way for the customer to make this switch manually, without a Verizon technician.  I was placed on hold for almost 45 minutes and never got to speak to someone at Verizon.  So I am hoping that someone here can help.  Lead me to a place that would show me how to make this switch.

I have regular Verizon landline service.  Verizon FIOS is not available to me and my area and from what I understand, will not be available for some time.  If I have to pay that amount of money to have my phone line switched then I am going to switch to Brighthouse.  At least I will get faster internet and cable for the price I pay at Verizon.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

NH

0 Likes
Re: Switching Phone Lines
zoco1
Enthusiast - Level 1

IMPORTANT NOTICE REGARDING VERIZON-THAY LAID OFF MOST OF ALL UNION WORKERS,SO YOU GOT A WORKER THATS HIT AND MISS!WORKING ON YOUR PHONE LINES.SORRY-BUY CHEAP YOU GET CHEAP

0 Likes