Turn VM Notification Off
tjp1

Just a quick question..I've set up my FIOS VM to send me voicemail messages via email..I notice that the indicator on my phone lights up, but the messages do not appear in my online list of Vim's..I therefore can't figure out how to either delete the emails or otherwise turn off the new VM indicator on my phone..Any suggestions?

Thanks

0 Likes
Re: Turn VM Notification Off
Roadking10453
Contributor - Level 1

2 separate things here I think.

1. msgs not showing up online: assuming you mean when you look here on My Verizon you don't see them but your phone tells you that you have vmail? I have noticed a delay from the time my phone tells me I have vmail vs... Seeing the same thing here on line and that may well just be system latency. I.e..., the vmail system has to talk to the online server(s) that display info in My Verizon so unless you're doing a direct read of the your phone vmail box from online, there may be a lag/delay. Generally speaking I think that once you've got the email notice, you should be able to see it online as well (again, you may have to tell the system to go read the vmail box to get the list of messages - it may not update at the same rate).

2. For the new VM indicator on your phone: that's a function of your phone itself. Verizon will give you a 'stuttered' dial tone when you go off hook to let you know there is vmail in your inbox. But, the phone itself displaying the message or blinking the light or whatever is a function of the phone and every one of them is different. Just find your phone manual and look for how to turn on/off voicemail indications. Its usually under settings in the handset (on a cordless it is anyway).

0 Likes
Re: Turn VM Notification Off
Roadking10453
Contributor - Level 1

Actually did some more looking and I'm surprised to see that you can control the indicator from in here (on TWC ya can't).

Anyway, login to your voicemail account (look above at email & more, select voice mails, login)

then voice mail settings and you'll see everything you want. Indicators on/off, email on/off, etc.

Sorry...had to reread your posting..Guess I need to slow down  😉

0 Likes