unable to disconnect service, getting billed for services not received
michaelwearl

I signed up for basic phone service for my new condo in July.  It was "connected" on July 18th.  However, after a few attempts with the Verizon tech while he was at the condo, and several attempts after he left I was unable to get phone service on any jack in the condo.  I had one of the people who built the building go over the wiring, and he was unable to determine what the issue was.  So rather than ripping out jacks and walls to find the issue, I decided to go totally wireless for my phone services.  I called to  cancel the phone service on Aug 2.  The representative asked what the issue, and after I explained the situation she said she would disconnect the service immediately and that I would probably get a small refund since I had already paid for a month of service.

I thought I was done, but no.  Toward the middle of August I received another bill.  Again I called and explained the situation.  I was assured that I owed nothing, that I was disconnected.  I was told I would receive notification shortly.

I thought I was done again, but no.  I received another bill in September.  Again I called and again I was told I would be (or have been) disconnected.

Another bill in October.  This one saying I'm overdue.  I also received a second bill for the supposedly disconnect phone with the name "Arl Michael".  That is not my name.  Then the topper, on Monday October 16th I received a threatening robo call from Verizon (on my cell phone of course), saying that I need to pay the bill now.

I again called Verizon (1-800-VERIZON) later on Monday October 16th.  This time I talked with Nancy.  I gave her the phone number of the account, and the account number.  She said the phone number had not been disconnected, but there was some issue with the account.  She could not bring up any details of the account.  She talked with someone then got back to me and said Blaine would disconnect the service and send me an e-mail when done.  After I expressed my concern about being notified, she said she would also call me and let me know the status on Tuesday October 17th.

Tuesday rolls around, no e-mail, no call.

Wednesday rolls around, no e-mail, no call

I'm concerned about this Verizon screw up affecting my credit rating.  I need this taken care of now.  It shouldn't take 3 months to disconnect a phone line.

Michael Earl

0 Likes
Re: unable to disconnect service, getting billed for services not received
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi michaelwearl,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes