Verizon Call Assistant
airbornephantom

I have Call Assistant set up so that I receive email notifications whenever a call is received on my land line phone.  This is especially helpful to me when I am out of state and can check if anyone called on my laptop.  Since this past Friday, April 15, 2011 I have not gotten any emails showing me who called my home phone.  I have contacted 4 people at Verizon and still I have no answer as to why this service stopped.  Is it because it is free and maybe Verizon is going to phase out the land line phones?  Has anyone else experienced this?  The Verizon people I've spoken to keep talking about my wireless service which I do not have with Verizon.  I just want to know why email notifications of phone calls received have stopped. 

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Call Assistant
bogdanmi1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am also having trouble with emails from VCA.  I am getting emails when I get a call on my landline, but they are all labeled "PRIVATE" instead of whatever name is associated with the number.  It started after April 15th.  And yes, past calls from these numbers indicated the correct name, not "PRIVATE".

0 Likes
bogdanmi1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Just to follow up on my own post, I checked the call log on the VCA website and the calls have the proper ID in the listings.  It's only the emails that the calls are labeled "PRIVATE".

0 Likes
SteveSch

Having the same problem here, so obviously a problem in the system. No response from Verizon on this forum?

0 Likes
bogdanmi1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I called the VCA Help Desk at 1-888-483-5156 and was told that they are aware of the "PRIVATE" problem in the emails and are looking to solve the issue sometime this week.

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@SteveSch wrote:

Having the same problem here, so obviously a problem in the system. No response from Verizon on this forum?

This is a user-to-user forum, you should not expect responses from Verizon here, you need to contact the VCA support folks.

You can log into the VCA website at https://www22.verizon.com/callassistant/  and view your calls there. And there is a help desk phone number there (1-888-483-5156).

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
thompa124
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi,

Verizon seem to have confused me... not difficult ;-(  !

I have Verizon Call Assistant on my desktop computer and whenever we received a call, up would pop a window wit the callers number and name on my computer screen....

We have just returned from vacation when we put our services on 'vacation hold' and now we have a FIOS Digital Phone service.

Now the VCA on my computer appears to log in but does not show a pop-up or update when calls are received.

I can access 'Call Assistant' online at the Verizon web site - but this is not as convenient as it used to be!

Can anyone help - or is the PC version now obsolete?

Regards,

Allan

0 Likes