Verizon Fios Phone Line static and noise
Bentley11

We have the Fios bundle.  Our phone lines will intermittently have not only static on them but also have music playing.  The tech came and could only guess that we needed a filter on the incoming line.  It hasn't stopped the issue.  Looking for suggestions to fix this on again off again issue.  I have read that rainy wet conditions can have an affect but even if this is the case (not convinced it is) what is the solution as I have to use the phone every day for work.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Verizon Fios Phone Line static and noise
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

The RF could be bleeding in on any of the phone lines in the house. Outside rain won't be a factor since the line to the ONT is fiber and not susceptible to RF interference. If the tech put an RFI filter at the ONT then you might also need one at the jack. This one on Amazon you can look into purchasing. Search for Philmore Phone Line RF Filter TEC200. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

The RF could be bleeding in on any of the phone lines in the house. Outside rain won't be a factor since the line to the ONT is fiber and not susceptible to RF interference. If the tech put an RFI filter at the ONT then you might also need one at the jack. This one on Amazon you can look into purchasing. Search for Philmore Phone Line RF Filter TEC200. 

0 Likes
BetgesdaPerson

Does this filter work on FiOS phones? It says DSL, which I thought was a traditional copper landline. Thanks.

0 Likes
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

Traditional telephone service delivered by FiOS doesn't need a filter. Think of it as a regular telephone line minus the DSL service.

0 Likes