Verizon Scams blind old lady with late life line recertification
Braeng

I have been trying since first week in Jan of 2017 to get my legally blind 87 year old mothers life line recertified correctly after the agent that changed her phone number said that her lifeline would not be affected by the change. Well this did not happen and now she has a bill for $117, which on her fixed income she can ill afford to pay. The response is that one dept dose not work with the other and although I provided both a cell and email contact information to Life Line they only communicat via the snail mail. So no ma'am you have to pay the bill until life line is fixed, which still can take 2-3 weeks more and we will comtinue to bill your lovely mother the higher phone bill until such time. I'm sorry this happened to you but it's not this dept it's another dept this is the best we can do. Well my response is you can take this bill and place it where you can file most of your lost items and you've just lost another life long coustomers as soon as I can get it arranged. PS I've notified my state representatives, State attorney general, and several other agencies that deal with helping the elderly. 

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Scams blind old lady with late life line recertification
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Braeng,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes