Verizon support has reach new low!
geosur
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have been with Verizon my whole life. So, I have seen the progression as to how badly landline support has deteriorated. I have been having issues with my phone service for nearly 6 months now. Each time it rains for a period of time, my phone goes dead. I report it and normally by the time a tech is scheduled to work on it, the rain has dried up and it starts working again. That is because a tech never comes out right away when the problem exists. They are being scheduled at least 3-4 days out. In fact, the last time I reported outage, which was Feb. 5th, 2019, Verizon scheduled a tech for he 11th, but called toward the end of that day to tell me that they were swamped and would have to reschedule. They made the new service call for the 22nd. That is 2-1/2 weeks later. I've complained and got nowhere. I had a call back from one of the customer service reps that had given me a phone number of a local service manager to call when the problem arises again. However, I have called that number about 6 times now and only went to voice mail. This dude never calls back.  I don't think this is a real person. So, I  have decided that I will not be paying any more monthly bills until this issue is resolved and I see a credit for all the times that my service has been down. I was told that Verizon puts very low priority on copper landline service. They want everyone to go wireless. So far, I am not a canidate for FIOS living in this rural area. And, I don't have many options, since cable does not exist out here. What is really odd about this whole thing is that my DSL still works when the phone doesn't and visa-versa. Each tech that has shown up says the same thing. "Until they can catch it in the act of being down, they can't fix the problem". Well, it has been down for 3 days now, with another 5 to go before a tech is scheduled to show. Anyone else having such poor service?

Re: Verizon support has reach new low!
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi geosur,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes