Verzion Call Assistant Unavailable
jmulloy27

I tried to sign up for VCA on the website but I get an error saying "We’re sorry. Verizon Call Assistant is not available for your location."

I called support and they said that it was not available for me yet. The tech couldn't tell me when it would be available. Can anyone tell me when VCA will be available in Billerica MA?

I'd really like to be able to use features such as the voice mail email forwarding? Is there any way to get a visual voice mail notification? Are there any caller id boxes that can alert me to new voice mail messages? Can I buy any caller id box or is there a specific type of box I have to buy. I will not rent one, I hate having to rent equipment. It's a racket, by the end of the first year the rental fee has paid for the equipment and after that it's pure profit. That's why I bought my own cable modem when I was on Comcast. $50 on Newegg, at $5/month it would have been paid for in 10 months.

0 Likes
Re: Verzion Call Assistant Unavailable
hotch

VCA does not seem to be working for anyone right now, so don't get anxious. When it works, VCA notifies you of both callers (with caller ID which you sign up for with Verizon) and voice messages left in your Verizon voice mail. The notification is by a pop-up on your computer screen. VCA does not translate from voice to text, but does let you know there is a message and from whom. A Caller ID box does not tell about voice messages; that is why VCA, when it works, is handy. Almost any phone bought in the last few years has Caller ID built in. A separate little box, now harder to find, is only a few dollars. They turn up every once in a while at Big Lots and stores like that.

0 Likes
Re: Verzion Call Assistant Unavailable
jmulloy27

Thanks for the reply.

Our town just got FiOS and according to the tech I talked to the necessary equipment hasn't been setup in the central office yet.

I don't really want to have to install software on my computers to know if I have voice mail. I want an automatic email that doesn't require anything on my end, can VCA do that? Can I get that without VCA.

None of our phones have caller id and they work fine so I don't really see a need to replace them.

We still have our old answering machine and the light blinks when there is a message, it would be really nice if we could have that same type of visual notification. I know a lot of corporate phones have the ability to turn on a voice mail indicator light and I was hoping there was some way to get this same functionality. No one is going to remember to pick up the phone and listen for the interrupted dial tone.

I use Google Voice on my Cell phone and I love getting the email with the transcription. It's nice to not have to call in. Even though the transcriptions are usually terrible they're usually good enough to get the jist of the message.

Verizon's website is such a maze, it's impossible to find anything. It also took me forever to figure out what voice mail package I even have because they have so many different options.

0 Likes