virtual phone number
uw-rob

I have a Verizon Fios service with a landline phone number. 

I really (no, I mean REALLY) want to keep my phone number.

I will be moving to a place (different area code) where I can't get Verizon Fios service.

My new service provider says that they can't port my phone number.

Does Verizon have a way for me to keep my Verizon phone service (without a physical location) and have my old phone number call forwarded to the phone number provided by my new service provider?

This would mean that I make no outgoing phone calls on the Verizon phone line.  But I would continue to receive phone calls at my old phone number.

I would call this a "virtual phone number"

Help - please!!!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: virtual phone number
jonjones1
Legend

Best solution is to port your home phone number to your cell service.

this way no matter where you move to the number will stay the same.

look at the cost of keeping the number as a second line of cellular service.

you could even get a prepaid account and port the number so then say you get that it is then unlimited calling, texting, voicemail and other features you cannot get on a real home phone.

verizon also has a home phone service that uses some sort of gizmo you plug into the power and works like cellular.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

Best solution is to port your home phone number to your cell service.

this way no matter where you move to the number will stay the same.

look at the cost of keeping the number as a second line of cellular service.

you could even get a prepaid account and port the number so then say you get that it is then unlimited calling, texting, voicemail and other features you cannot get on a real home phone.

verizon also has a home phone service that uses some sort of gizmo you plug into the power and works like cellular.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes