Voice mail
hamill1

My cordless phone shows that there is a voice mail when there aren't any.  Is that a phone issue or verizon? 

0 Likes
Re: Voice mail
ocean51smt
Enthusiast - Level 2

First of all, do you subscibe to voice mail through Verizon, in other words is voice mail one of the features you selected for your phone?

If so, I'm not sure if you know this or not, but if you have verizon voicemail, usually when you pick up your phone receiver you wil hear a beep beep noise.  You then have to call your verizon voicemail number, which depends on your area.  If you don't know what it is, just call Verizon.  If that is your problem, once you call the voice mail number it will ask you to enter a pin number.  After you do that it will say you have one voice mail message, to review your message press 1, you will then hear your message and it will advise you for instance if you want to delete it, hit #3, save it, etc.

You said you have a wireless phone, you don't mean a cell phone correct?  If it is a cell phone, go to menu, messages, voice mail and hit send like you are making a call.  Again they will ask you for your password, if you don't have it call verizon wireless.  Once you enter the password it will again say you have 3 messages and walk you through how to hear them, delete them or save them.

Hope this helps!

0 Likes
Re: Voice mail
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

Sometimes wireline phones (i.e. cordless phones) will get out of sync with the voice mail system.  In that case, it is usually a simple matter to use the phone's menu system to reset the message waiting indicator.

If you don't know how to do this, post the model number of your phone and I might be able to find the instructions with a google search.  Or you could try that, too.

Good Luck.

0 Likes