Voicemail pickup
hwdodson

When an incoming call is routed to voicemail is there any way to pickup and connect to the caller while they are recording a callback message? Thanks.

0 Likes
Re: Voicemail pickup
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

No there is not. The call is forwarded out of your house to Verizons Voicemail system when you don't answer.

0 Likes
Holly1
Contributor - Level 3

if you have Fios Digital Voice Mail, you can set it up so you can do voice mail screening. Go to page 16 of the Fios Digital Voice Guide.

FiOS Digital Voice Calling Feature Guide

Holly 

0 Likes
stevekl

i enabled voicemail screening but it is not working. perhaps this is because I have multiple voicemail boxes ?

0 Likes
stevekl

i enabled voicemail screening but it is not working. perhaps this is because I have multiple voicemail boxes ?

0 Likes
wnisbet

When using the Verizon Fios Digital Voicemail call screening feature it works like this.

Call comes in and you do not answer or get there late and the call goes to voice mail.

Once the call goes to voice mail and calling party starts leaving a message you will get a call that rings your phone  from

"Verizon Voicemail"

If you pick up the  phone you can hear the message live that they are leaving you however they can not hear you at this point even  if you start talking.

If you hit the the 1 button on your  keypad you will connected to them live and they can hear you and you can hear them.

Thats how that feature works with Fios Digital Voice.

0 Likes
LTCAV

Thank you! Now, how nice would it be if that actually showed up in the voicemail pdf, a search term called "Vocemail Screening' or somehting other than spending an hour trying to find it and resorting to a user forum?

0 Likes