Weather affecting phone lines again
RuralCopper
Enthusiast - Level 3

This message is for the Verizon Techs who monitor this forum:

I'm trying to retrieve the trouble ticket i filed this morning but am having no luck ... website keeps timing out after 'Retrieving Your Account Information'.  When we had problems with the weather (rain) knocking out phone service on our road during the summer, I got the attention of some techs on this forum to get the issue resolved.  I'm hoping to do the same again.

I filed a trouble ticket this morning ...   We had very heavy rain yesterday and static started on the line dropping dead mid-call with someone.   Then we then had no dial tone.  A caller hears the phone ring and ring but on our end the phone has one long ring and then is dead when we pick up.

My neighbors are also out of phone service ... same people involved as last time and  with same issues that occurred during the summer.   If I could retrieve my trouble ticket, I would update with their information.  One man had to get to work and didn't have time to find a phone to call in the trouble.  (When you've been out of work for a period of time and are able to find a job, you can't take the chance of being late.)  The other neighbor is a elderly women who lives alone and has a lifeline setup.   We need to get her phone service restored asap.  I will check on her again tonight on my way home from work.  She needs her phone functional in case of emergency.

Please look back in your records as the line issue is probably at the same point on the road that the technician found the last time unless the few others on the road with phones have also reported the issue.   If possible, consult with the last technician who resolved the problem on the last time as he knew what he was doing.  All the others had no clue what to check and were not familiar with the copper line infrastructure on our road so it took weeks to get phone service restored.

Thank for your help!!

0 Likes
Re: Weather affecting phone lines again
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.
Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".
Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Re: Weather affecting phone lines again
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Glad we could be of assistance. Let us know if the issue returns!

Best,

Art

0 Likes