What are the non-basic services charges on my first bill
JIMJSMITH42
I switched to Verizon Freedom bundle package to save money. I was shocked when my first bill arrived with $123.03 due. It states Verizon non-basic charges 107.68  What is this and why was I not informed of these fees ahead of time. This is ridiculous.
0 Likes
Re: What are the non-basic services charges on my first bill
GSnicker
Enthusiast - Level 3
Non-basic charges are usually things like Voice Mail and long distance calling. The first bill is always a stinger. You pay a full month in advance and a partial month, from the date of installation until your new bill date. So your first bill can be anywhere from 1-2 months of service. After the first bill you are on a 30-day billing. You can see your bill detail by signing in online and clicking on My Bill and then on "Print and Download" towards upper right of that page and being sure you select the Entire Bill. The bills are confusing because by law the services are taxed differently for basic  and non-basic so the bills have to be broken down into those services and each taxed accordingly. Our government wants their share...too much as usual, but we all know how the government is...
0 Likes