What can you do if your number is being spoofed?
RoboScam-Hunter
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've recently received a call from my own Verizon VOIP landline phone number, which

obviously has been spoofed.  My caller ID: displayed my own number.  After viewing my Verizon online phone logs, I see entries showing my number made outgoing calls to the same number only minutes apart.  That being said, I suppose there's not much that can be done about it at the moment.  I've noted below a suggestiong from the FCC website. 

"If you get calls from people saying your number is showing up on their caller ID, it's likely that your number has been spoofed. We suggest first that you do not answer any calls from unknown numbers, but if you do,  explain that your telephone number is being spoofed and that you did not actually make any calls.
You can also place a message on your voicemail letting callers know that your number is being spoofed.  Usually scammers switch numbers frequently. It is likely that within hours they will no longer be using your number."

Source: https://www.fcc.gov/consumers/guides/stop-unwanted-robocalls-and-texts?from=home

Re: What can you do if your number is being spoofed?
Pens2

I  am also getting calls from my own number everyday, it seems ridiculous that Verizon does not see a call coming from and going to the same number as in invalid call attempt and block it, they also  need do do more to block calls that have invalid numbers in the ANI, it seems that they could do it but for some reason won't.

0 Likes
backtobasics1

Verizon won't do much as they have your money even though it through there line in VIOP

0 Likes
ramsey76
Contributor - Level 1

I have a call blocker and I blocked my number.

I have written tow my two US Senators on the the spam issue

One is running for President and no response

Hopefully the other Senator will provide me some help

I urge everybody to write to their House Rep and Senators  

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes