Where is "Synchronize Phone Book” link?
JustaGuy
Contributor - Level 2

The user manual states that you can Synchronize the Verizon 'Phone Book' and 'Calendar' with programs such as Outlook.

It states: Go to FIOS Digital Voice Account Manager and Click "Synchronize Phone Book” link  in "Phone Book" and Click "Synchronize Calendar” link  in "Calendar" to download the "Synchronization Wizard".

There are NO links in either "Phone Book"  nor "Calendar" sections of the Account Manager.  I also did a search in Verizon for the "Synchronization Wizard" and came up empty.

Anyone know why these links are missing from Digital Voice Account Manager and/or where can I download the tool needed for the synchronization.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Where is "Synchronize Phone Book” link?
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

There is not anything additional you need to download to make this work. There is nothing wrong with your account because I logged in with our test account as well as my personal account and both did not have the option to sync as well. I apologize for the inconvenience this causes. As I get more information about it I will let you know.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

There is not anything additional you need to download to make this work. There is nothing wrong with your account because I logged in with our test account as well as my personal account and both did not have the option to sync as well. I apologize for the inconvenience this causes. As I get more information about it I will let you know.

0 Likes
JustaGuy
Contributor - Level 2

@Anthony_VZ wrote:

Anthony,

Thanks for looking into this.  If I understand you correctly, either the "Digital Voice User Manual" is wrong when it states that you can sync the Phone Book" and "Calendar", or there is an error in the "Digital Voice Account Manager" Web Site. 

---

0 Likes
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

You are correct. I am not sure which is which at this time.

0 Likes
JustaGuy
Contributor - Level 2

@Anthony_VZ wrote:

Is there an answer on this yet.

0 Likes
JustaGuy
Contributor - Level 2

@Anthony_VZ wrote:

Anthony,

It has been 15 days since your posting.  Have you got an answer on this yet.

0 Likes
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

No I have not gotten a response back. I will reach back out to them to get an update.

0 Likes
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

I did get a response but have been out of the office the last two days. I apologize for the delay. It is a known issue the function is not there at this time to do the syncing. There is no further information about when/if a fix will be implemented. Currently the only way to bring that information into outlook is to export a .csv file from the website and then to import it into Outlook. I am sorry for the inconvenience this causes you.

0 Likes
JustaGuy
Contributor - Level 2

@Anthony_VZ wrote:

I did get a response but have been out of the office the last two days. I apologize for the delay. It is a known issue the function is not there at this time to do the syncing. There is no further information about when/if a fix will be implemented. Currently the only way to bring that information into outlook is to export a .csv file from the website and then to import it into Outlook. I am sorry for the inconvenience this causes you.

Thank you for the answer.

0 Likes
socaljab

I spent several hours today fighting with this issue.  Forget the Synching issue - even what is available on the website (a "SIMPLE" import of csv format file) is TOTAL garbage!

I am NOT a happy new FIOS user.

2 things were misrepresented to me:

(1) I was told VERY specifically that I could set up speed dials from the web site  - who wants to spend hours punchingin 100 or more speed dial numbers (1 was told the service provided 200) via a keypad on the phone - UTTERLY RIDICULOUS and required due to the stupid need to dial 10 digits for every call -  NOT AVAILABLE - LIE #1

(2) No matter what I tried I could not get all the fields to import from the csv file generated by OUTLOOK into the Vz FIOS phone book.  Level 2 support couldn't solve it either.This entire function of moving contact info into the Vz website is a load of steaming stuff that also doesn' t work as advertised. DOES NOT WORK AS ADVERTISED INTHE USER GUID AND ON THE WEBSITE AVAILABLE - LIE #2

Tomorrow I will begin the formal process of reverting to copper and DSL.  This sort of bogus enticement of people to change over to FIOS in order to benefit Verizon (I had no reason to leave DSL other than getting letters every week or so and knowing full well that eventually Verizon would force the switch anyway) is extremely poor business practice and I will be filing a complaint with the PUC.

0 Likes