Why don't Verizon service techs show up for promised service appointments?
JZ5217
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have not had a dial tone on my landline phone for over two weeks so I made an appointment for a service tech to come today to fix my phone--it was the earliest appointment I could get.  I was told that the Verizon tech would come between 8 a.m. and 12 noon.  As I work during the week, I had to take off the day from work to be home for the service call.  Two days ago, I got a call on my cell phone  from a real person at Verizon confirming that I would be home today for the service tech.  Yesterday, I got an automated phone call confirming thatthe tech would be coming today between 8 a.m. and 12 noon and confirming that I would be home.  At 10:00 a.m. today, I got a text message on my cell phone stating that the service tech would arrive before 12 noon.  When he did not show by 1:30 p.m., I called Verizon and after 15 minutesof  trying to get a real person on line I was told that the service tech would not be coming after all!!   No apology was offered for my inconvenience.  Another appointment was made for tomorrow (when I can't be home) to check my outside line, but if that does not fix  the problem, what am I supposed to do?   This is the worst cucstomer service problem I have ever experienced.  I had been thinking of switching from Comcast to Verizon FIOS, but if this is the kind of "customer service" I can expect from Verizon, then I would have to have my head examined to make a switch.  At least Comcast comes out when they say they will.

Re: Why don't Verizon service techs show up for promised service appointments?
Darla399

I have not had Internet and landlines Phone service for almost 2 and 1/2 weeks. My first scheduled appointment was for August 1, 2011. No tech showed up. I called version Technical repair department and was told that I was scheduled for the Repair man to check my lines on August 8th. I know for a fact the the first person I spoke to  told  me that the repair man would be there on August 1. Another week with out service. On August 8th I waited again for the service repair man to show up. NO SHOW again. I called Verizon, reached the Tech department and spoke to a live rep who told me that I was caught up in the strike and that my service appointment will be rescheduled on August 15, 2011.  I just checked the online repair status and saw that the commitment time for my repsir service is for  8/29/2011 5:55:00 PM.

This means I will not have  phone or internet for a month. Do these people realize that the strike is affecting their consumers. I have no intention of paying a phone bill until my service is restored.  .

0 Likes
Left_Waiting
Enthusiast - Level 1

I scheduled an appointment from 8-12, took off from work and waited.  Technician was a no show.  I never received a call or text to tell me they were not coming.  Called Verizon - they said one might show up at 4:00 PM.  I went to work.  Technician arrived at 7 PM.  Phone worked for three days and then broke again.

I scheduled an appointment from 8-12 on a Saturday and waited.  Technician was a no show.   I never received a call or text to tell me they were not coming.  Called Verizon - they said my appointment was postponed until the next day - they just never told me.

I waited the next day.  Technician was a no show.  Why call?  They will show up when they want to and could care less about wasting customers time.  So I will wait...

This company clearly needs some competition to get them to start listening to customers.  If I didn't show up for work for three days and did not call, I would be fired.  Think about that, Verizon.

KH-OrnEsh1
Moderator Emeritus

I'm sorry you are having difficulty. An agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information or to help you resolve your issue.

@Left_Waiting wrote:

I scheduled an appointment from 8-12, took off from work and waited.  Technician was a no show.  I never received a call or text to tell me they were not coming.  Called Verizon - they said one might show up at 4:00 PM.  I went to work.  Technician arrived at 7 PM.  Phone worked for three days and then broke again.

I scheduled an appointment from 8-12 on a Saturday and waited.  Technician was a no show.   I never received a call or text to tell me they were not coming.  Called Verizon - they said my appointment was postponed until the next day - they just never told me.

I waited the next day.  Technician was a no show.  Why call?  They will show up when they want to and could care less about wasting customers time.  So I will wait...

This company clearly needs some competition to get them to start listening to customers.  If I didn't show up for work for three days and did not call, I would be fired.  Think about that, Verizon.

0 Likes