Anyone get a ....
zich61
Contributor - Level 1

...2TB eSATA drive to work consistently?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Anyone get a ....
prisaz
Legend
0 Likes
dcgaijin

I have a 2T drive working. the first day, after I had it working and it recorded one show, the dvr suddenly didn't see it anymore. But after running through the setup again, it said it was already activated and since then everything has worked fine.

0 Likes
nascar
Master - Level 1

I'm using the Iomega Professional eSATA 2TB for a few months now so far so good.

zich61
Contributor - Level 1

Thanks guys.  Anyone else using a different drive?

0 Likes
zich61
Contributor - Level 1

Brand and model please.  Thanks.

@dcgaijin wrote:

I have a 2T drive working. the first day, after I had it working and it recorded one show, the dvr suddenly didn't see it anymore. But after running through the setup again, it said it was already activated and since then everything has worked fine.

0 Likes
dcgaijin

sorry, it is a fantom drive green drive GDP2000ED.

0 Likes
jonw747
Enthusiast - Level 2
We currently use WD20EURS 2TB AV-GP drives with the VanTec NexStar CX NST-300SV case on both of our QIP7232-P2 DVRs. I can't say we've stressed it out completely but it meets the 3Gbps spec, and the AV-GP drives are tuned for DVR applications. We're still working our backlog of shows on our DirecTv boxes, so we may not maxxed out the load on the HD as yet. That VanTec case doesn't have a cooling fan, btw. It seems run reasonably cool, in open air.
0 Likes