Re: Channel Guide and info on TV upgrade/change 9/14/2011 - WE HATE IT!!!!
cindra
Enthusiast - Level 1

I tried this but I don't have graphics listed as an option when I get to that part?

0 Likes
MiMeQu21
Contributor - Level 3

Not sure what you tried - the HD to SD channel guide or the Guide View?

If you are looking for HD to SD - go to Menu, Settings, Video Settings, Graphic Settings.  If you have an HD TV, it is most likely set to HD as a default.  Click OK on your remote.  It will bring up the choice to change to SD.  Select SD and click OK.

For the guide view, go to Menu, Settings, Television, Guide View, then select Classic View.  This will revert you back to the 1.8 guide.

It's not perfect, but it will help.  I didn't like the new guide when I first got 1.9 a few months ago.  However, I got used to it.

0 Likes
redroth

I hate it, it is just terrible. The old menu was just fine. Give your customers the option of getting the old one back, PLEASE!

0 Likes
tns
Master - Level 2

Sorry many of else felt the old guide was bad.

• Items on the menu that were half off the bottom and top of the screen.
  • First line almost totally obscured.  They seemed to know this as it was not considered when you scrolled a page.
  • Next three lines about half obscured.
  • Colors too dark
  • Screen SD rather then HD on HDTV's

So their first attempt to fix these is not perfect.  4 out of 5 customers seem to think its an improvement (based on poll I put up at DSLreports)

0 Likes
Bendu
Enthusiast - Level 2

To VectorVictor

I have a 42" LG LCD tv

I have the HD converter

you guessed wrong

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@Bendu wrote:

To VectorVictor

I have a 42" LG LCD tv

I have the HD converter

you guessed wrong

Then maybe you have it configured wrong.

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
Batgirl0520
Enthusiast - Level 1

I HATE IT TOO. I can NOT read it from my chair. I have to get up and stand right in front of the TV to be able to read it. And is it just me, or is it really confusing? They have the name of the show twice so I always think I have to scroll down one more time when I am actually at the right spot.

And on another note, what is up with all the emergeny broadcast tests lately? I was just watching a show that I wasn't recording, but I was about 15 minutes behind the current time when the emergency thing came up. When it was over, I could not back up to where I had left off so I missed the last 15 minutes of the show.

0 Likes
rpm007

It is all too clear that Verizon really doesn't care or want to listen. It's their product and their decisions. We only pay the bills...at least for now. I don't know who was sent a survey but I suspect it wasn't their core customer or even a daily user of their product. If they won't listen to something as simple as this you can forget about any bigger issues. Oh well, off to look for another solution. I can be ignored by anyone, no need also endure a poor user interface. 

0 Likes
DisAPointed1
Enthusiast - Level 1

@MiMeQu wrote:

If you go into Menu, Settings, Television, Guide View, you can select Classic View.  This will give you the older 1.8 Guide view.  There won't be as many channels to view on the screen, and the boxes are a bit bigger.  However, this will not do anything to change the colors on the screen.

Hope this helps.

I've already tried that, back and forth and back...can't tell any difference they BOTH are BAD!  "Classic" has a whole new connotation.

0 Likes
idahosurge

I also can not stand the new guide and my whole family can not stand it.

Verizon needs to start giving people a choice to keep the old or go with the new instead of forcing their concept of better on to everyone.

Guess what, just because you and some small test group thinks it is better certainly does not mean that all of us think that it is better.

Guess what, we don't!!!!

VERIZON, we pay the bills and keep you in business so how about a little respect!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Likes