GIVE ME BACK MY OLD TV GUIDE -_-
ria86
Enthusiast - Level 1
Dam Verizon if we're paying all this money u could have atleast asked us if we wanted a brighter, slower, takes up too much space, takes an hour to scroll through and find a show, new format -__-<br><br>Give me back my old one.
Re: GIVE ME BACK MY OLD TV GUIDE -_-
Leyli1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I hate this new interface! The font is much smaller and I have trouble reading the information in the guide. I agree with ria86.  Everythig takes longer. I was so annoyed yesterday when I truned on the TV and realized you have changed the interface. Contrary to your claim. It is definitely NOT easier and faster. Please scratch this idea and give us back the old TV guide.

missjoysea
Enthusiast - Level 1
GIVE ME BACK MY OLD GUIDE. The new one is too hard too read, print is too small, color scheme sucks.
hawg12
Enthusiast - Level 1

Ditto - As with everything else that you have foisted on us, the new guide is HORRIBLE!  PLEASE GIVE ME THE OLD GUIDE BACK!  Who comes up with this stuff?

WkdPanda
Enthusiast - Level 2

Don't know who screwed the pooch on this one, but its BAD BAD BAD.

At least give us the option to going back to our old format.  This contrast is bad, and is a serious issue for the VISUALLY IMPAIRED.

questioning_old
Contributor - Level 2

I wasn't crazy about the guide either but after coming here and sharing information, I was able to troubleshoot the problem and resolve it on my own.  Since the new guide is what we all have now, I would suggest taking a couple of steps:

(1)  If you have an older STB 6xxxx series, that would be the reason why it is either slow or doesn't display like it's supposed to.  You need an upgraded STB of at least 7100, which is what I have.  Call Verizon and ask for a replacement if that's the case.  You won't get charged anything for that.

(2) What kind of TV do you have?  If you have an analog TV, the resolution is going to be limited and the graphics of the new display will definitely be harder on your eyes, not to mention the colors bleeding into each other and looking fuzzy.  If that's the case, you need to replace that with an HD flatscreen TV.  That was precisely my problem and now that I have the flatscreen TV, the display is much easier on my eyes.  One customer here had posted a photo of the display on his HDTV and it's so much better.  In the meantime (until you get a new flatscreen TV), go to menu, settings, and video settings and make sure the TV Guide display is set on SD (standard definition) instead of HD.  If it's on HD and your TV is analog, the print is definitely going to be way too small and more like the eye test.

I don't like wasting things and I believe in keeping appliances as long as possible but the flatscreen TV is a lot easier to handle and you can move it just about anywhere.

(3) If you already have the flatscreen TV, you can change the setting to SD if the print on the HD setting is still too small for you.  The print on the SD setting is more magnified.

I think it's unfortunate how many of us didn't receive any prior notification about this with this kind of information.  I think if these troubleshooting steps had been made available in the first place, it would have been a lot easier to deal with instead of having to go back and forth so much, because I couldn't even find this information on the in home agent.   I think Verizon has provided a good product but I definitely feel that the communication with customers needs work.  Even when I had called Verizon and mentioned this, the rep I had spoken to suggested changing the contrast and brightness on my existing analog TV, which didn't solve anything.   

I'm not great with electronics but I've gotten better at dealing with this and I often find it's a process of elimination until you get to the source of the problem.

I hope this helps.  I would *not* suggest doing nothing and waiting for a change to happen because you know that's not going to happen so fast.

Oldee1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon must give us a choice and let us go back to the old guide if we prefer.  Why do they waste money making something no one wants!

Justin46
Legend

@Oldee wrote:

Verizon must give us a choice and let us go back to the old guide if we prefer.  Why do they waste money making something no one wants!

I think you are dreaming, the old guide is gone. I am very sure that Verizon is not going to bring the old Guide back.

As to no one wanting it, I did, I do, I am very happy with it, I find it a hugh step forward, and I know there are lots of people who are quite happy with it. I suggest you sit back and give the new IMG a fair shake. Take a look at all of the options available, it could be that you can make a change or two and be very happy with it, and you should also take a look at all of the new function included, there is a lot of stuff that has nothing to do with the Guide.

Other than the colors, which are fixed for now, are there some specific issues you have with the Guide? If you will list them, perhaps someone here can help you address them. And be sure to tell us which model STBs you have. 

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
mpk20874
Enthusiast - Level 1
Verizon couldn't design a black dot. The guide is completely unusable. Verizon needs to fix this. It plain doesn't work.

Everything verizon does sucks. I have a 52 1080P HD TV and cannot read any of the menu items in the on demand guide. Now the regular guide is now completely unusable!
0 Likes
questioning_old
Contributor - Level 2

Have you tried my suggestions that I posted?  Do something to solve problem because the new update is not going to change any time soon obviously. 

0 Likes