Guide Scrolling is NOW Jumpy and not smooth with update 1.9
joker21
Enthusiast - Level 2

With the new update 1.9 all my boxes have a guide that is now slugish.  When you go to the guide and push and hold the arrow buttons.  The scrolling is now jumpy and not smooth as with 1.8

I have

1) QIP 7232-2 Multiroom DVR

2) HD box

3) SD box

Is there a fix for this?  I tried reboots and no fix so far.

Also anyone else DISLIKE the new guide layout.?

1) The colors are now so bright it makes it hard to read

2)  The new layout makes the font smaller and you can not adjust the font size.  The Station logo and bottom part of the screen that says FiOSTV takes up too much of the screen

3) When you pause that huge info screen comes on and you have to now push exit or it stays on for awhile

4) Still no fix for the rewind/fast foward skiping.  From time to time the program will sip to the beiging when you push rewind just once.

5) No choice to change "SKIN" and choose old layout

There are some good new features like being able to control DVR from another room.  There should be an option to have the new features with old "SKIN" layout.

Labels (1)
Re: Guide Scrolling is NOW Jumpy and not smooth with update 1.9
nk12342
Enthusiast - Level 2

We hate the new layout.  Having the same problems as you and then some - it even screws up my volume control when using the guide. 

I just posted a msg also.  I want to switch back, but get the impression Verizon doesn't care if we're happy or not.

0 Likes
joker21
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for reply,  Yes I posted this int he General forum and they moved it to here.  I guess they want to KEEP all the complainers in ONE forgotten area.

I did not know there even was a Update 1.9 area.  Does not come up in GOOGLE either

Some of the new features like ESATA plug now working. Or the control the DVR from any room are great.

The LAYOUT is not very good.  We need a Change SKIN button to change to old format

0 Likes
nascar
Master - Level 1
I know these are being addressed.

joker21 wrote:

3) When you pause that huge info screen comes on and you have to now push exit or it stays on for awhile

4) Still no fix for the rewind/fast foward skiping.  From time to time the program will sip to the beiging when you push rewind just once.

0 Likes
Replete
Contributor - Level 1

I'm sorry but I can't believe you didn't know about this 1.9 update. The rollout started back in April, and there have been a ton of threads here since, and articles on a lot of different websites, youtube videos showing it off etc. I didn't even have Fios when it started to come out, and I couldn't go to any tv, or tech site and not see a link to an article about the update. It was clear that the update was coming to everyone, just staggered.

Many of the complaints are valid, but being an informed customer or consumer will help Verizon know what customers want in the future.

0 Likes