HDMI/HDCP Issues
enusbaum
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just recently switched over to FIOS from DirecTV and am running into an issue that I'm hoping 1.9 will fix (I'm on 1.8, we're scheduled to get 1.9 in August/September).

My setup is as follows:

QIP7232 (via HDMI) connected to,

Logitech Revue (via HDMI) connected to,

Denon AVR-2808ci (via HDMI) connected to,

Vizio 55" LCD TV

I've searched the net and checked the forums and it has been reported that there is a limitation in the HDCP/HDMI settings in the FIOS STB's where it only allows one relay device in the HDMI path before reaching the display. This means the following setups work:

STB -> TV

STB -> Receiver -> TV

But I'm getting HDCP/HDMI handshake/error messages when connecting:

STB -> GoogleTV -> Receiver -> TV

I had no issues with this setup when I was using DirecTV, and appears to be a limitation put in place by Verizon on their STBs.

Can I get a solid answer if this is going to be fixed in IMG 1.9? My family makes use of GoogleTV to look up information during educational programming, so I would really hate to lose this functionality.

Thank you in advance!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: HDMI/HDCP Issues
Contributor - Level 1

IMG 1.8 supports one (1) HDCP/HDMI sink device; IMG 1.9 supports eight (8) HDCP/HDMI sink devices.

View solution in original post

Contributor - Level 1

IMG 1.8 supports one (1) HDCP/HDMI sink device; IMG 1.9 supports eight (8) HDCP/HDMI sink devices.

enusbaum
Enthusiast - Level 1

That's good news! So it's safe to assume that once 1.9 rolls out in my location, I'll be able to hook back up my Google TV!

Thank you! 🙂

0 Likes