How do we get rid of the new guide....it's terrible
nagus1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Bring back the old guide.  It was fast and worked fine.  Sometimes change for change sake is not a good idea, and this puffy balloon guide sucks.  Takes forever to come up, and takes forever to change and when it does, it passes the channel I want to see.  Additionally, half the time it shows one movie or show, until you scroll to it, and then something completely different is actually playing.

DUMP THE NEW GUIDE!!!

Labels (1)
Re: How do we get rid of the new guide....it's terrible
Disneyjulz
Enthusiast - Level 1

I agree completely!  I HATE it!!!  It's so horrible!  I have not found a single thing that I like about it.

0 Likes
schwit
Enthusiast - Level 2
I agree. Too much of the same color(powder blue) makes it hard on the eyes. I also find the middle row that has the selected channel is visually distracting. This highlight line is a different layout, as it should be, but being in the middle it breaks up the consistency of the upper and lower channel rows causing it to look out of place. It just doesn't work. I would like to see the selected channel line at the very top.
0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

Quick quote from http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r26387221-IMG-Do-you-like-the-guide-in-IMG-1.9-a-

go into the settings and set the guide to "classic" view. The live TV window will be a bit larger with that view...

Please note I since don't have FIOS, I can't tell you if this will work or NOT.

Good luck.

0 Likes
ocookie

is anyone having problems with the DVR,  Ours now sucks,  it does not respond when buttons are pushed.  when you try and stop fast forwarding during a show it stops several seconds later and 20-30 seconds into the sceen you want to watch,  trand and go back and it goes too far.  

Best DVR i ever had was through Road Runner in California,  when you were fast forwarding through comercials and pressed play at the start of a sceen it backed up a few seconds allowing for your reaction.  Why cant all DVR do the same thing.  

I can get used to the new screen,  I don't like it but change always seems starnge,  A DVR that lacks smooth usibility is goona drive me nuts,  This is the first time I have ever considerened another provider,  But considering i watch 90% of my TV on DVR,  It is a deal breaker.

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@ocookie wrote:

is anyone having problems with the DVR,  Ours now sucks,  it does not respond when buttons are pushed.  when you try and stop fast forwarding during a show it stops several seconds later and 20-30 seconds into the sceen you want to watch,  trand and go back and it goes too far.  

Best DVR i ever had was through Road Runner in California,  when you were fast forwarding through comercials and pressed play at the start of a sceen it backed up a few seconds allowing for your reaction.  Why cant all DVR do the same thing.  

I can get used to the new screen,  I don't like it but change always seems starnge,  A DVR that lacks smooth usibility is goona drive me nuts,  This is the first time I have ever considerened another provider,  But considering i watch 90% of my TV on DVR,  It is a deal breaker.

What model DVR do you have? From your description it sounds like a QIP6416; if so, you will never be happy with it under the new 1.9 IMG, it simply does not have the hardware capabilities to work well. You should contact Verizon and tell them the problem, they should be willing to replace for free the DVR with a 7xxx model that will work far better with 1.0.

I also suggest you look around here on the forums, in all of the FiOS TV-related forums, and you will find others who have had the same issues, and I believe all of them are 6xxx users.

Keller, TX 76248 

0 Likes
JasonD52
Enthusiast - Level 2

The new image works fine on my 7xxx box and new TV.  Easy to read and much more responsive than 1.8 was.  I'm guessing that people who have older boxes and older TV's are the ones not happy with 1.9.  Sure does seem to be a lot of them, though...

0 Likes
JohnT0244
Enthusiast - Level 1

I completely agree.  The new guide is much harder ro read and S-L-O-O-O-W!  The old guide was just fine.  The purpose of a good guide is to be able to find what you want (quickly), easily read and understood.....NOT TO BE PRETTY.  It seems like the emphasis of the new guide is looks,  3D look and feel, etc.  But the operation of the guide is so slow as to be almost useless.  When I select a new channel on the new guide it seems to take forever to change to the new channel  PLEASE BRING BACK THE OLD GUIDE!

0 Likes
tightlines2
Enthusiast - Level 3
Features are nice to have - but as a trade off for speed - NO THANK YOU -NEVER - speed it up or get rid of the bloat ware and graphics slowing the guide down - channel surfing used to be fun - now I dread it
0 Likes
questioning_old
Contributor - Level 2

I'm going to hazard a guess that you guys are posting about this here for the first time without having read other threads about the very same problem which have the solutions posted....not intentionally but there *is* a solution to the problem if you want to do something about it.

If your TV Guide Listing is slow and doesn't do what it's supposed to do, check the model number on your STB or DVR.  If it's 6xxx, then you need to contact Verizon and request an updated one that's at least 7xxx.  Verizon *should* honor your request for an upgrade.  I have learned from here too that there are Verizon Fios TV Stores where you can exchange yours in person.  Here is the website where you may be able to find one in your area:

https://www22.verizon.com/ResidentialHelp/FiOSTV/General+Support/Account+Issues/QuestionsOne/84843.h...

My STB is a 7100.

If your TV Guide Listing works but is just annoying to read with the contrast then more than likely, your TV is analog and you need to replace it with a flatscreen, because the resolution on the analog TV is limited and can't handle the new HD graphics.  If that's the case, then that's something you can definitely do on your own.  My old TV was analog and I was having problems reading the TV Guide listing but when I replaced it with a flatscreen, that solved the problem.

And finally if you already have the updated STB or DVR and a flatscreen, check the settings on your TV (i.e. contrast, brightness, etc.) because if they're set too high, that could be a problem.

0 Likes