How many of you complainers are posting first time, and are not FiOS customers?
prisaz
Legend

I just had to put this out there. Being many have taken the time to post for the first time. It could be dissatisfaction or something else.

I know many may be FiOS customers and just simply do not like the changes in 1.9. I think some saying they are going to go to Comcast, may just be Comcast customers anyway.

I love the new guide, and yes it was tested extensively!

There may be some issues depending on the model of STB hardware you have, or the settings on the box or your TV. But I believe it is far better than what we had.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How many of you complainers are posting first time, and are not FiOS customers?
prisaz
Legend

I guess I can anwer my own question. At lease about everyone posting in this thread is a FiOS user.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: How many of you complainers are posting first time, and are not FiOS customers?
questioning_old
Contributor - Level 2

I don't really understand it myself.  I was having problems with my TV Guide Display too but not anymore.  It was just hard on my eyes and annoying to read with the colors clashing and bleeding into each other with fuzziness, and sure I complained about it.  It's human nature to complain at times and we're all creatures of habit.  I've been a long time Verizon Fios customer but I soon learned that the issue was not because of my STB, but because of the limited resolution of my analog TV, which I have now replaced with a flatscreen.  So that solved the problem and I agree that the new 1.9 display is better and I think it's actually a lot quicker with easier access to the information.  It took some going back and forth to come to a solution to the problem but I was willing to work through it. 

And mind you, I can be very stubborn at times about change and replacing things that I have wanted to keep for a long time. 

It seems like people keep posting and complaining about this very same thing with one post after another.  I stopped reading the posts because it's about the same complaint over and over again.  It's tiring to keep seeing so I don't read them now and the shame of it is that in the meantime, some very good suggestions like replacing the STB and my suggestion of making sure that your TV is a flatscreen have been posted on here many...many times.  The solution is right there.  I mean....what's the point of reaching out for help if we're going to turn down a suggestion and not do anything about it?  We have to move on.  I had intially decided to leave the problem alone but since I realized that it was bothering me and decided it wasn't right to settle, I did something about it. 

I suppose too that it could also be due to dissatisfaction with something else.  I don't understand the idea of just waiting for something to happen because life just doesn't work that way.

0 Likes
NNard
Contributor - Level 1

prisaz-

I am an extremely happy FiOS customer and would be even happier if 1.9 comes to NY quite soonSmiley Wink

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

I just had to ask. I know for some there are very legitimate complaints. Yes all of mine are now flat panels. My last tube went bye bye last year due to power issues. I believe it makes a big difference. I just thought I would start this controversy here and see where it went. Oh well.

0 Likes
questioning_old
Contributor - Level 2

Oh no, I'm not saying the complaints mentioned are not legitimate because I complained too.  Some of the complaints I've seen can be over petty stuff in my opinion and to still complain even after a problem has been resolved doesn't make a lot of sense to me but either way, I'm just a person who doesn't want to keep complaining about the same thing while doing nothing about it.  At some point, I have to choose the best way to respond and to solve the problem.  And honestly, with the way some of the complaints here are embellished, you would think it's the end of the world, all over something that is so easily fixable.

I think Verizon is a good company that provides a very good product.  And for a corporate giant with all of the profits going to its CEOs, that's a good thing to know.  I now understand why my landlord signed a contract with Verizon to make the Fios available here because it really is the best deal for a phone, TV, and Internet service provider.  I just feel that improvement is needed in Verizon's communication with customers, i.e. making sure everyone is informed about upcoming changes and what steps to take if they're having residual problems from the changes.  That's one remaining constructive criticism that I still stand by because I was just in the dark about this for a while.

prisaz, if your TV is a flatscreen and your STB is the 7100 series or higher, then you should be fine.

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

I did notice my 1.9 was loaded and worked just fine. When I rebooted it the next day just to see what the box would do, I received a message talking about improvements. I don't think the reboot had anything to do with it, but perhaps it was just Verizon's way of saying we changed things and here is why. The mesage was not there after the img update, and it just showed a day later. I think it was a good idea.

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

@NNard wrote:

prisaz-

I am an extremely happy FiOS customer and would be even happier if 1.9 comes to NY quite soonSmiley Wink

Smiley Very Happy

I an just outside of D.C. and a happy FiOS customer just like you. So I hope you get your update soon. But really have nothing to do with it. Like I had said before, we were supposed to be last, and I would rather be last and have it work. So there were issues up your way that caused delays.

0 Likes
ukbritt
Enthusiast - Level 2

Smiley Very HappyWoman Very Happy I love the new guide...I like that I can delete all at once for programs under a folder...yeah..the font maybe a little hard to read...but it's really a non-issue. If you are accessing a computer, you are dealing with a smaller font than that..

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

Maybe slightly off topic, but take a look at this: a user named clifton4 registered today (10/28) and has made 7 posts so far, every one of them negative about 1.9. I guess I just wonder how typical that is, for people to come here, register, and just post, post, post negative things, and that makes some think that every FiOS customer hates the new system?

For the record, I have had 1.9 for 3 or 4 months, and am a very happy user, works great on all three of my STBs.

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
nascar
Master - Level 1

There is a pattern of complaints just after a new area gets 1.9.  I completely understand the frustrations with the colors, contrasting, and fonts.  Also the vast inconsistencies among the different screens and menus.  I have voiced my concerns all throughout beta.  There are probably reasons beyond anyone's control to try to achieve a true HD guide.  But it can be improved. 

I will say that after a couple of weeks, once all of the really nice features in 1.9 are realized, the complaints dwindle.

0 Likes