Re: I signed into this community just to complain about the new guide.
ColinTripp
Enthusiast - Level 2

Matt,

The bottom line is this guide is NOT an improvement for many users - whether you agree or not.

0 Likes
JohnCF
Contributor - Level 1

Anyone who has a Motorola 7232 with the new software who wants to trade for one that still has 1.8 let me know.  I'm sick of waiting here in the DC area to be last to upgrade.  Dish Network, the garage operation of content, can push out updates over satellite in two weeks, meanwhile VZ needs 6 months over monster bandwidth.  Insane and frustrating beyond belief.  Of course, even if I trade, VZ will most likely kill my dvr...

mphare
Contributor - Level 2

@JohnCF wrote:

Anyone who has a Motorola 7232 with the new software who wants to trade for one that still has 1.8 let me know.  I'm sick of waiting here in the DC area to be last to upgrade.  Dish Network, the garage operation of content, can push out updates over satellite in two weeks, meanwhile VZ needs 6 months over monster bandwidth.  Insane and frustrating beyond belief.  Of course, even if I trade, VZ will most likely kill my dvr...

They'll at least roll it back to 1.8, and who ever got your old 1.8 will get the update to 1.9 anyways.

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

@mphare wrote:

@JohnCF wrote:

They'll at least roll it back to 1.8, and who ever got your old 1.8 will get the update to 1.9 anyways.

Not to mention the boxes have addresses with serial numbers and would not work correctly at the new location. Not returning the equipment supplied, would cause a hefty charge for hardware if you ever needed to return the DVR. Not to mention the fact that the hardware belongs to Verizon and possesion of DVR or STB hardware that was not leased to you, constitutes possesion of stolen property.

0 Likes
alden
Contributor - Level 1

That's Verizon!!!  This company operates the way it operates - total mess, total irresponsibilty, unable to do anything big on time and on budget... Believe me, no single person at verizon will pay a price for the total disaster of rollout - not a single one manager or programmer - because it's Verizon!!!

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

My statement above was not ment to be negative. It was ment to say the STB and DVR hardware belongs to Verizon, and you can't just do as you please.

0 Likes
bodunk2k

No warning - WHOMP there it is!  And now I get to deal with Irate parents screaming at me to do something.  Can anyone tell me about stretch option do I need to go out and buy a hdmi cable for this to work?

0 Likes
Bendu
Enthusiast - Level 2

@nascar wrote:
In Menu... Settings... Television and Video Settings... You can change the look of the guide and the sizing to fit your TV properly.

no it doesn't

on my 42" LG LCD it only ever shows in 4:3. I cannot get a full screen.  

0 Likes
nascar
Master - Level 1

You probably don't have a 7 Series box then.  You will need a 7 Series if you want the full HD guide.

@Bendu wrote:

@nascar wrote:
In Menu... Settings... Television and Video Settings... You can change the look of the guide and the sizing to fit your TV properly.

no it doesn't

on my 42" LG LCD it only ever shows in 4:3. I cannot get a full screen.  

0 Likes
alden
Contributor - Level 1

__________________________________________________________________________________

6 Months to upgrade plus 4+ years to develop!!! And after all this Joe Ambeault blogged that he is proud of what his team has done with IMG1.9!!! With that kind of attitude no suprise that Verizon is behind the technological curve of DirectTV and even Dish!!!

When company don't feel enough pressure from customers - it can work like Verizon did with rollout  of 1.9 - slooooow, slooow going.  You absolutely right - it's insane and beyond belief - in customers view. Not in the view of IMG 1.9 development team...