Re: IMG 1.9 suburbs of Philadelphia?
mitch0531
Enthusiast - Level 3
John is absolutely correct. I work for a large company and do software deployments to 150,000+ users globally and you never do it all at once. Needs to be staged so you don't impact the network and you also never have enough call center people ramped up to handle the huge number of calls that will come in after a deployment like this. And if a deployment went bad for some reason you could take out your entire customer base at once and fios would be history, and so would Joe. I want the upgrade too as evidenced by the fact that I would actually search a forum for it. But people, get a life ! It's just a guide for an stb.

Oh and Joe, while you are at it, maybe you can move central jersey up on the list ahead of the west coast. They are too busy surfing to worry about the version of their guide 🙂 or at least just do my house 😉
0 Likes
mitch0531
Enthusiast - Level 3
I meant "Joe is absolutely correct ... ". Not John.
0 Likes
iambobg

it's not just the guide - after getting an email from verizon i purchased the external 1TB western digital hard drive that is now collecting dust.

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

@iambobg wrote:

it's not just the guide - after getting an email from verizon i purchased the external 1TB western digital hard drive that is now collecting dust.

Put it back in the box to keep it clean. It will be used. I know it is frustrating, but... Smiley Wink

0 Likes
TZPhilly

There is hope for us in the burbs.  From my chat last night on 9/2. Let's keep our fingers crossed!

----------------------------

Question: is there a way that I can install software version 1.9 onto my set top box.

<They asked for my address>
ME: Norristown, PA 19401
Silvin: Thank you, one moment please while I pull up your information.
Silvin: Thanks I have your info. I'm sorry the 1.9 software update is done by region and cannot be downloaded manually. Once the software is released in your your area, your set top boxes will be automatically updated .
ME: is there a tentative release date?
Silvin: One moment please.
ME: If I get a new set top box, will that have the new software? Is there a charge to update the box or can I just swap it out?
Silvin: No, the software upgrade is only done by region. So even a new set top box will have the same software in your area.
ME: I see.
ME: will the publish be before the holiday season?
Silvin: It looks like the 1.9 software will be available in your area around the last week of this month.
ME: That is great news
ME: thank you very much for your assistance this evening

0 Likes
nascar
Master - Level 1

It is way more than just a guide...

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/IMG-1-9/Many-new-features-in-1-9/td-p/324963

I have two 7232 DVR's with eSATA and one HD STB.  1.9 allows them all to tie together with more features and an overall (way) better experience.  I have a wonderful 3 TB's of space. 🙂

mitch053 wrote:
It's just a guide for an stb.

0 Likes
JBLOW131053
Enthusiast - Level 2

Cherry Hill, NJ got the 1.9 update at 4 AM this morning.Smiley Happy

0 Likes
BillW3
Contributor - Level 1

Turned on Action News at 5:15 this morning to see how much rain we are going to have and had it in Paoli, PA.

0 Likes
forya1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Quakertown Bucks county got it too

0 Likes
jeff_70
Enthusiast - Level 1

I live in Chester county about 30 mins south of Philly and I got 1.9 last night also Smiley Very Happy

0 Likes