Re: New Channel Guide
SUPERLARIO
Enthusiast - Level 2

Roze318 -

You stated so very eloquently what many others have touched on but with varying degrees of clarity.

Hopefully the monitors at VZ will realize after reading posts like yours, that they made a mistake in the way this

new version of the program guide functions in real life and either correct it or as so many have asked for - a return of the

guide that preceded it . It has always been my experience however that more often than not they (any provider of digital content) will not admit ANY mistakes and just let the folks like us, who take the time to express ourselves on the forums that they provide us with - just let us rant to each other. They figure in a week this topic will be on page 2 and we will go through it all again

when IMG version 1.10 comes out - or worse yet, when all sorts of other bugs start popping up in 1.9 !

One thing I did pick up from another thread, is that you can avoid having to look at the pop-up

box that for whatever reason takes up the bottom 1/3 of the screen and stays up for probably

10 seconds - 9 seconds too long -

You can eliminate it by immediately hitting the EXIT button.

Hope springs Eternal.

0 Likes
gnewman1

The new channel guide is absolutely awful.  Channel surfing is now painful because it is slower to switch between channels and the info takes up half of the screen.  Leave it to Verizon to take an activity like sitting down to relax with some mindless channel surfing and make it aggravating.

0 Likes
twodogman

I have to agree the new guide is far worse than the old one. Even using "modes" to see what movies are currently playing doesn't work like it used to. It's way bad. And scanning through the channels is way to slow. And the PIP is way too small now. I only hope someone in charge reads these posts and will take some action. 

0 Likes
HighOldSilver
Enthusiast - Level 1

So, the new guide is a loser. I can't read anything on it. That bold font makes every word run together! I could go on, but many (if not most) of you have said it better. Does this make any difference to Verizon? Or are they just allowing us to use the space to make us feel like we are being heard? 

johnmorr

I agree that hte new channel guide is terrible!  Hard to read, Slow scrolling.  I have worked with this for several days (because I didn't want my initial bad opinion to blind me to positive improvements), and have not discovered any advantages of gee-whiz new features.  FIX THIS MESS, VERIZON!

0 Likes
miami67

New guide is awful. Takes up too much space, stays on to long when channel is changed, etc. Please at least allow an option to disply using previous guide, channel displays, etc.

0 Likes
MTheriot
Enthusiast - Level 2

Please, I am dying to see, this evidence of people enjoying the new guide.

All I see is a broken link.

If you want real reviews, put a review system in the program guide itself. Very unprofessional if you honestly believe someone who likes this huge bubbly interface a representative of the whole community.

Send me an email next time we get to opt in for this. As far as I'm concerned someone with horrible taste was at the right place at the wrong time, since I was never informed of a discussion about a new layout.

Try putting a poll in the actual channel guide and I will send you an e-check for $100 if you get over 25% of voters who like the new guide.

0 Likes
Malcolm_Stanley
Contributor - Level 3

It has always been my experience however that more often than not they (any provider of digital content) will not admit ANY mistakes and just let the folks like us, who take the time to express ourselves on the forums that they provide us with - just let us rant to each other.

Actually the product and technical teams read these forums a lot and discuss the feedback provided by customers regularly. So posting here is not a waste of time at all, its actually a great way to provide us direct feedback on how you think we did.

0 Likes
turbodog1
I feel like I have cable again. Frozen screens, no sound, .. plus I can read the guide because the fonts too small and is camouflaged with the background. Nice job vz
0 Likes
sushi-girl

I cannot agree with EVERYONE else on this blog - the new guide is HORRIBLE!!!  It is so HARD TO READ and very annoying to even look at with those colors, ugh.   This change really makes me want to look at other companies for my tv viewing.  And yes i agree again that how come customers weren't aware of any change and/or inquired about any changes.  If we were notified prior perhaps we would be very informative in helping the tech team in actually making a better guide (wow what a concept verizon, asking the consumer what we want and like!?).

0 Likes