Re: Pixelation/skips in DVR recordings
Diego10901
Enthusiast - Level 3

I don't think it is directly related to 1.9 because lately I have experienced the same issue and in NY we have yet to receive the 1.9 upgrade.  

0 Likes
Re: particular/skips in DVR recordings
JustaGuy
Contributor - Level 2

@Diego1090 wrote:

I don't think it is directly related to 1.9 because lately I have experienced the same issue and in NY we have yet to receive the 1.9 upgrade.  

I am also in NY and have also seen the same problem occasionally and I have a 7232.  So the problem is neither with 1.9 nor a particular DVR..

0 Likes
TheCarv
This is also badly pixelating and skipping while watching OnDemand. There is nothing recording (being that there are no DVR's on those tv's) and it has been going on for about three weeks now. Very frustrating because a lot of what we watch in the bedroom is OnDemand...
0 Likes
Dovahkiin
Enthusiast - Level 2

I can conform with the poster above that there was random pixelation and audio cutting out during my last OnDemand movie.  The service was just installed that day, so I dont have anything to compare to.  I didnt notice any hiccups all day, only when we started using some OD did we notice it.

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

Not just 7232, but also in Cisco 435. When watching recorded content the DVR will pixelate really bad and skip. Stop viewing and restart and then it continues normal at the same place there were problems. So it is not a bad recording or feed of the content, and is a DVR issue. This from the internal drive no other recording in progress or MRDVR being viewed by another HD box. So it should not be a network issue or heavy load on the DVR.

At least it was not locking up last night where it required a cold reboot, or off and on.

0 Likes
SurfCityGma

I'm in California, have the QIP 7232 2 DVR and 1.9 O/S. Reading the previous posts is like deja vu. I'm experiencing the same pixelation and audio cutting out for a second (or split second) too. I, too, am hesitant to call Verizon technical support because the first thing they want to do is reset the STB! I hate having to re-select all my favorites (I know, whaa...).

We don't watch On Demand very often since we have Netlix streaming. We've never experienced this problem with Netflix.

Also, we recently got the QIP 7232 2 box, just after the update to 1.9 OS. I didn't notice these problems before the new STB, even after the 1.9 update. But, my older STB died shortly after the O/S update, so I had to get the new STB and decided on the larger hard drive.

VERIZON... are you listening? This is definitely a problem across the nation.

0 Likes
NNard
Contributor - Level 1

I have definitely noticed this as well since IMG 1.9 in NY.  I have tried almost everything and it still continues to happen on recordings and on live TV.  Not a major problem but slightly annoying.  i am sure Verizon will fix this issue.

0 Likes
doropallo
Contributor - Level 1

We have 1.9 and a 7232 and have the same issue, every recording has a skip, pixelates and audio drops somewhere in a playback, whether we are watching during a recording during a new recording or the box is idle.  In fact a few times both tuners were recrding and I tried to watch something and the box froze and then rebooted.

Another issue I have is channel specific.  Here in VHO8 if I record anything on the Fox channel, 513, during playback right before the show goes in the commercial it skips back a second or two, pixelates and then continues.  Every single commercial break for any Fox show, and we record House, Alcatraz and Fringe, so it isn't show specific. 

0 Likes
KenEhrsam
Enthusiast - Level 3

Have experienced the same problem since upgrade to 1.9.  Thought it may have been caused by external drive.  Detached external drive and had same problems.  Have two 7232 dvrs experiencing the same problem.  Located in North Texas (VHO 1).  Reboot of dvrs seems to reduce issue for a short period of time.  Verizon techs you call are not aware of issue.  Signal is strong on both dvrs. 

0 Likes
Malcolm_Stanley
Contributor - Level 3

the dev team is definitely aware of this.

0 Likes