Verizons new Program Guide format provides LESS USEABLE ON-SCREEN information
SCIC5C6

Verizon recently changed the On-Screen Guide format, a now has a VERY LARGE CHANNEL # area on the left side of the screen and reduced the  program time frame on the right side of the screen. This format change provides No ADDITIONAL INFORMATION, and reduces frame" on the right. I DO NOT NEED to have the Channel # in such a large format. The OLD GUIDE FORMAT provided more USEFUL PROGRAM information available on-screen.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Verizons new Program Guide format provides LESS USEABLE ON-SCREEN information
btm231
Enthusiast - Level 3

While I disagree with most people's complaints about this new guide, I do have to agree that it takes WAY too many clicks to view full program info. I should only have to hit info ONCE to get unabbreviated info (actors, release date, etc)... not three or four. And if I hit the info button again from the info screen it should go BACK to the guide, not EXIT the guide. This is extremely frustrating... especially if the guide happens to be a little slow to respond and you hit the button one too many times.

Re: Verizons new Program Guide format provides LESS USEABLE ON-SCREEN information
stevepro51

I  do not like the new format at all. It seems much slower than the previous format when going through the guide.

0 Likes
eriknmawi

The new format is slower and also gives less info on screen.  A lose-lose scenario!  Why did Verizon change to a format which is clearly worse?

0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

Quick quote from http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r26387221-IMG-Do-you-like-the-guide-in-IMG-1.9-a-

go into the settings and set the guide to "classic" view. The live TV window will be a bit larger with that view...

Please note I since don't have FIOS, I can't tell you if this will work or NOT.

Good luck.

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@eriknmawi wrote:

The new format is slower and also gives less info on screen.  A lose-lose scenario!  Why did Verizon change to a format which is clearly worse?

On all three of my STBs 1.9 it is just as fast as 1.8 was, and I cannot identify any information that is not present now that was there before. Can you please provide what model STB box(es) you have, how they are connected (HDMI, component, composite, coax, etc), TV type (HD, SD, LCD/Plasma, projection, tube, etc) and what information you think is missing? With that info maybe we can help you improve things.

Thanks.

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes