Widescreen guide setup
JohnHurm
Hi, we've been updated to the new programming guide.  Somehow, I missed the opportunity to set one of our boxes to widescreen.  Is there a way to pull the initial setup up again?  I've tried the menu option and can't seem the setting.  TV content is widescreen guide is 4:3. Any help is much appreciated.  John
Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Widescreen guide setup
BrianC
Contributor - Level 3

Hey John, the 16:9 format requires a 7xxx series box.  If you have a 6xxx series box, you will still only be able to get the 4:3 format.  The actual settings are in Menu - Settings - Video Settings - TV Type.  If you have a 7xxx box and you're not able to get the guide in 16:9, I would suggest trying to reboot your box to see if that solves the problem. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
BrianC
Contributor - Level 3

Hey John, the 16:9 format requires a 7xxx series box.  If you have a 6xxx series box, you will still only be able to get the 4:3 format.  The actual settings are in Menu - Settings - Video Settings - TV Type.  If you have a 7xxx box and you're not able to get the guide in 16:9, I would suggest trying to reboot your box to see if that solves the problem. 

0 Likes
JohnHurm
Brian - thanks, it's a qip6200-2.
0 Likes
korrowan

This is ridiculous.  This **bleep** thing is worse than the other one.  I have only ahd a box since June and its a crappy 6xxx series... way to screw up Verizon.  This is borderline embarrasing maybe DirectTv will be back in my house.

0 Likes
jwrezz
Enthusiast - Level 2

Are you kidding? I've been waiting for 16:9 IMG and now that it's here I can't get it until I get a new box? How hard is that going to be? What gives, VZ? why not 16:9 on the old boxes? Does that mean I need a 7xxx box to use an eSATA drive too?

0 Likes
tns
Master - Level 2

@jwrezz wrote:

Are you kidding? I've been waiting for 16:9 IMG and now that it's here I can't get it until I get a new box? How hard is that going to be? What gives, VZ? why not 16:9 on the old boxes? Does that mean I need a 7xxx box to use an eSATA drive too?

Why?  Hardware limitation in the older box.

Yes, you need a 7xxx box for esata and 16x9 guide.  Also for decent performance of the guide.  You should have no trouble in getting them to swap for one.  The easiest way apparently is to go to one of their Verizon stores if there is one in your area.

0 Likes
amazon1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I also tried to update the guide to widescreen.  In system info. the platform ID is QIP-6416 P2.  So I need to swap out the box?

0 Likes
nascar
Master - Level 1
Yes, you need a 7 Series.
@amazon wrote:

I also tried to update the guide to widescreen.  In system info. the platform ID is QIP-6416 P2.  So I need to swap out the box?

0 Likes