$100 fee for not returning equipment when I returned it back in February
JohnFL2119

Unbelieavble. Dealing with Verizon Fios has been such a headache.

I bought their router back in February 15th and returned the rented one as soon as the new one came. Wen't to the Verizon store, they emailed me a "Thank you for returning your equipment, there is nothing esle for you to do" letter. I kept a picture of the UPS tracking number from the package on my phone just in case.

Everytime I logged into my account, it would tell me to "return equipment by March 17th to avoid a fee". So I contacted the customer service via chat to double check that I did return equipment and that they got it. They assured me everything was all set. I kept the picture of the tracking number on my phone for 2 months before deleting it a week or 2 ago finally thinking "OK, everything is good."

Lo and behold, I log into my account and it's telling me I was "A charge of $100 was added to your account because we didn't receive your eequipment by Mar 17".

God help me. Please. So sick of dealing with Verizon Fios.

0 Likes
Re: $100 fee for not returning equipment when I returned it back in February
jonjones1
Legend

This is something I keep warning folks about. It was more prevalent on their wireless side since cellular phones are much more expensive. 

The problem can be sent to your states attorney generals office just google it.

or google your states Public Utilities Commission or Public Service Commission who normally regulates Verizon and other Utilities like gas, and electric etc.

they can get it fixed very quickly.

never throw anything out from Verizon anything. I keep a folder with everything be it invoices, payments, repairs, accessories purchased you name it I have kept it.

i then scan those documents every year and place those files in the cloud for safe keeping. See if you can find the receipt or the photo copy of the receipt to submit to the agencies I list above.

if you need more assistance or Verizon doesn’t help you just private message me and I will tell you another way you can get this solved.

0 Likes
Re: $100 fee for not returning equipment when I returned it back in February
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

This issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent.

0 Likes